HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   What do you take to the woods with you? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/234750-what-do-you-take-woods-you.html)

Turkey Fife 02-27-2008 12:15 AM

What do you take to the woods with you?

StruttinGobbler3was asking about a Blind. I thought what do most Turkey Hunters Take to the Woods?

BESIDES The Must Have's? TP, Tag, Gun, Shells, Calls, What else do you take?

On your person and In your Truck, Car!

This should be interesting!

I'll start off with B-Mobile and a hen Decoy.

TF

MrGobbler43 02-27-2008 02:31 AM

RE: What do you take to the woods with you?

Water i carry plenty of water hill running can get ya thirsty...

MrGobbler

pheasantfanatic 02-27-2008 07:18 AM

2 decoys, 10 diaphrams, 2 slates, 3 strikers, one owl hoot, one coyote howler, extra shells (if shotgun hunting) knife, string for tying on the tag, bottle of water and a BIG turkey vest to carry it all!!! There's probably more, but I can't think of any more!!!!

Bobgobble2 02-27-2008 08:27 AM

CONFIDENCE....cause I know my birds an the area they live in!!!:D;).....

GeneRagulsky 02-27-2008 08:32 AM

Seems like everything I own!!!

RDHunter 02-27-2008 08:51 AM

Everything but the kitchen sink ... :D, my turkey vest is full of diaphrams , box calls , push pins , slate , glass , friction calls , strikers ,decoys and if that wasn't enough I have a back pack filled with my lunch , water , snacks , books or magazines , toilet paperand last but very important ... my ground blind with a fold up chair.
It might sound like a bit of over kill but when your out all day from sun up to sun down and you don't want to leave the woods , well then you gotta take what you think your gonna need.

Badger_Girl93 02-27-2008 08:55 AM

A good partner who knows how to have some fun.

HomerJ 02-27-2008 09:00 AM

In the truck, beer, beer, and maybe one more beer. Always like to have extra to offer up if the occasion presents itself.

okgobbler 02-27-2008 09:09 AM

I agree with RDhunter. Everything but the kitchen sink, I leave it in the truck with the 4 wheeler, chainsaw, ice chest, and about seven changes of close I NEVER use.

Dave2pa 02-27-2008 10:16 AM

on top of most of the stuff already listed ,I carry a Leatherman Wave Multi-tool ,also carry a Leatherman Vista ,it is a pruning tool . carry a gps sometimes .also carry a Rain poncho