Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting? >

is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting?

Old 02-26-2008, 03:43 PM

Default RE: is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting?

ORIGINAL: X Legion General

hope you plan on wearing shoes. Dont worry about it you look really macho dude.
thanks man i appreciate it
Old 02-26-2008, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: firelt72

Agreed get the face and feet covered, The face is a 100% must do. I am assuming this is your first attempt at turkeys? Good luck and be patient if it is, it took me till my third season to take a bird. It is a blast though!! I see you ar in OH, I'm in Indiana, I would suggest one other item, think about some colder weather gear, we know how the weather changes here and it i seasier to pull off clothing than to wish you had more.
yeah i was thinkin about wearing mt deer hunting coveralls that are tooo small on me if these didnt work
where do you live in indiana?
i live right on the border of indiana in outside of oxford, near brookville indiana
Old 02-26-2008, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: bretthunting

one thing I would suggest if possible would be a turkey vest,it makes getting that bird out of the woods alot easier and its good for carring extra shells and calls.Otherwise I agree with the other comments.
yeah i was looking at those a dix sporting goods
they are expensive, like 60 is thier ant cheaper ones?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: turkeyhunter_15

Turkeys dont care how Macho you look, Save that for walking in to register it, Or showing it off. Start now by practicing the correct walk, Heel-Toe.
Make sure you get the booty thing down to, Chicks dig it.

Camo is important, But I have shot turkeys in white tennies and blue jeans. All in how good you can cover yourself. But camoflauge makes it better lol

i cant do anything more to make the chcicks dig me
its funny some ladies that are in my high school that live on suburbs and dont hunt and arent hicks think hunting is cool and sexy and being outdoors man .......lets just say this im a ladies man
Old 02-26-2008, 04:38 PM

I know exactly what your talking about. Women are like that here, They tottaly dig the Outdoorsmen type.

Deffinetly look into a turkey vest. It dont need to be anything fancy eather. If money is an Issue, Wal-Mart sells them, But there not as nice as they used to be. But they range from 20$ to 30$ I belive. If you were a hat allot, I would look into a 3/4 Face mask. The non mesh ones are nice, But the material ones are warmer.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:16 PM
JW
Super Moderator

All Camo is designed for is to help break up your outline to make you blend in better - with the other items people have tolld you to buy - you are in good shape.....

Now remember this well -
Always try to use the Sun to your advantage and sit in shady areas.
Never sit in a place your outline can be noticed - make sure you sit by some type of soild background, A tree, A bush (but not in the bush) or below a ridge.....don't outline yourself.
...........And the biggy
Movement is the key - Move at the wrong time - Mr. Tom is gone!

JW
Old 02-26-2008, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: turkeyhunter_15

I know exactly what your talking about. Women are like that here, They tottaly dig the Outdoorsmen type.

Deffinetly look into a turkey vest. It dont need to be anything fancy eather. If money is an Issue, Wal-Mart sells them, But there not as nice as they used to be. But they range from 20$ to 30$ I belive. If you were a hat allot, I would look into a 3/4 Face mask. The non mesh ones are nice, But the material ones are warmer.
are you serious man? our walmart always gets rid of all the hunting stuff and brings in fishing and baseball stuff now. do you think it would be on their website? i might look on amazon
Old 02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bretthunting

one thing I would suggest if possible would be a turkey vest,it makes getting that bird out of the woods alot easier and its good for carring extra shells and calls.Otherwise I agree with the other comments.
Im going to buy this one, lightweight, can hold enough stuff, and cheap, I think it is a good choice IMO (dont know if I'm gonna buy it from cabelas)
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...amp;hasJS=true
Old 02-27-2008, 05:47 AM

the face mask may fog up your glasses, so think about face-paint, just sit still, like a statue, thats very important.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good points by all,dont forget your bug spray to Mossy!!!

Quick Reply: is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.