HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Winchester Super X2 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/234153-winchester-super-x2.html)

inkyhunting 02-23-2008 11:55 AM

Winchester Super X2

I went to one of the nearby gun stores this morning looking for a new turkey gun. I was wanting a semi auto and they had new Camo NWTF Super X2 24" around 700.00. This gun felt really good when I shouldered it and i love the duro touch. My question is how many of you use an x2 for turkey hunting and what chokes/loads have worked well with your gun. Also, I feel this is a good deal on this gun what do you think? I hope to get some feedback because I am seriously thinking about going back and pick one up.

Thanks![/align]

ubetcha 02-23-2008 03:08 PM

RE: Winchester Super X2

I personally do not have a super x ,but my son does and he absolutely love it.He uses it for waterfowl and turkey.Only I'm not sure what choke or load he uses.When I find out I'll let you know

FlywayControl 02-23-2008 06:03 PM

I had an x2 since they came out and loved it.Traded it in for a X3 this year.My X2 patterend the best with a Carlson Ported from Cabelas with Lead 5s.Never have got into the Heavys.

bullshooter 02-23-2008 07:33 PM

Go get her. I have had mine for about 3 years and I just love it. I put a 1.75X4 Bushnell Trophy on mine. I have a rhino .670 and I can get 195 hits in a 10" circle at 43 yds.

inkyhunting 02-23-2008 09:13 PM

Hey bullshooter what loads are you shooting with your rhino?

maytom 02-27-2008 08:51 AM

I own a Winchester 1300 now, and I'd love to get a Winchester X2 or X3 someday myself. From all I've read, these semi-auto's are very well made and cost 1/2 the amount of the Benelli's!!;)

MosesLakehunter 02-27-2008 11:20 AM

I have a SX2 and love it. Put a Jellyhead on it and you won't be dissapointed. I am not a big fan of expensive shells so I use the Winchester High Veocity #5 3". They pattern great at 40yds.

willy 9889 03-02-2008 12:55 PM

Been hunting with a SX2 for a couple of years.Great gun and also a bargain.Tried federal,remington,winchester and hevi 13 all in the alloy shot and the Winchesters were by far superior.It wasn't even close.By the way I used the Turkey choke that came with the gun.

outdoorsmen 03-04-2008 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: maytom

I own a Winchester 1300 now, and I'd love to get a Winchester X2 or X3 someday myself. From all I've read, these semi-auto's are very well made and cost 1/2 the amount of the Benelli's!!;)
funny howguns alwaysget compared to benelli's

Bull- that looks like the universal hunter. I have the same gun, it's my turkey only gun. i put a reddot and had some custom work done to the action, trigger, barrel and stock. i have several chokes for it, custom lead chokeand a Indain Creek (hevi 13)and Rhino (nitro) just to name a few.
with my IC tube i put 244 pellets in 10" circle at 40yds.