Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Remington wingmaster hd turkey loads >

Remington wingmaster hd turkey loads

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Remington wingmaster hd turkey loads

Old 02-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Remington wingmaster hd turkey loads

It looks like a good load.
I was wondering if anyone has tried it.If so what did you try.
I would be shooting the 3.5 mags with 1 7/8 of shot.

Thanks for any responce.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington wingmaster hd turkey loads

Tried them out a couple of weeks ago with my 870 SPS-T thumbhole and a jellyhead choke. I shot the 3 1/2 6 shot. They patterned very well for me. I wouldn't hesitate using them for hunting.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Tried them out a couple of weeks ago with my 870 SPS-T thumbhole and a jellyhead choke. I shot the 3 1/2 6 shot. They patterned very well for me. I wouldn't hesitate using them for hunting.
What was your pellet count in a 10" circle from 40 yards (if you used this patterning method)??
Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually base it on an 8 inch circle. I'm at work now, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe it was 117 hits in a 10 inch circle. It could have been a little more, but that's prettyclose.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info. I was comtemplating on whether to try a box of that load, however, I am getting around 130 pellets in a 10" circle from 40 yards with Win Xtended Range and the Tru Glo Strut Stopper Xtreme choke in my Remmy. Very nice evenly spread pattern. Also getting about the same performance out of my Jellyhead with the same setup.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at my targets when I got home from work. The 40 yard target had 122 hits in a 10 inch circle. Plenty good enough to kill any turkey. If your happy with the performance of the Win's, I would stick with them. Sounds like your combo is plenty good enough. I think we are both ready to bust a few longbeards. I'm still going to use my Rem. hevi shot mags while they last.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:53 AM

please post your pattern if you can. Im interested in the Wingmaster. I have heard they are similar to the old school Hevi shot.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: barry1me

please post your pattern if you can. Im interested in the Wingmaster. I have heard they are similar to the old school Hevi shot.
I would like to see a pattern, too...if possible
Old 02-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll try, but I don't think it's going to show the hits very well at all. I used a rifle target and 8 of the 10 inch circle is in black or red. I'll shoot it again on a more visible target. That will give me an excuse to go out and shoot a couple more times. Man, this season is already getting expensive.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I'll try, but I don't think it's going to show the hits very well at all. I used a rifle target and 8 of the 10 inch circle is in black or red. I'll shoot it again on a more visible target. That will give me an excuse to go out and shoot a couple more times. Man, this season is already getting expensive.
if you have a decent scanner you should be able to show your pattern just fine. When you do your pattern take the shot at 45 yards so you can compare to my patterns. I have spent $300 in different shells so far this year. Its expensive but if you dont believe some of the BS online about guys getting 40 hits inside a 3" at 40 yards then you have to spend some money

This pic is from 45 yards and the middle circle is ~3" and the outside circle is 8". The stinky part about using remingtons targets is they arent big enough for a 10" circle.

Thisdoesnt include the Rem Hevi 13 5/6 shot 3" Win Xtended range 3.5" Win high velocity 3.5"

Quick Reply: Remington wingmaster hd turkey loads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.