Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Hunting Sayings

Old 02-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Turkey Hunting Sayings

ORIGINAL: supaflav

I can't take credit for this one, but it is cool nonetheless. I know a guy that would get a bird locked up in a strut and to get him to poke his head up he would say "Good Mornin'". The bird would snap his head up and the game was over.
LOL.... I think thats funny.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JW!

Hear that gobble? Well ya'llthar is one too many of us standing here! - Quote taken from a Ben Lee book -

Bet most of you don't even know that name

JW
Use to listen to his live cassettes quite a bit,he sure made a fine trough call too.I also remeber Ben on the Tonight show with Johnny Carson.True icon on hunting and calling turkeys....
Oh to stay on topic here"if these birds could smell you'd never kill one"!!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: JW!

Hear that gobble? Well ya'llthar is one too many of us standing here! - Quote taken from a Ben Lee book -

Bet most of you don't even know that name

JW

Oh yeah I remember Ben Lee. I have one VCR tape of his here and I still watch it. The title Ben Lee and friends. Its a turkey hunting video. It has Terry Rohm and Don Bell in the video as well. Great VCR tape. hehehehe Its old but good. Ok I remember one saying after Terry Rohm shot one. Ben Lee running thru the woods telling Terry get to him get to him. It stands out in my mind when I shoot a turkey. Its too bad he had to die, cause I loved his videos... I think I'll watch the video shortly. hehehehe
Old 02-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Man, I sure miss watching Ben Lee. He wasa true icon to me & my buddies (being we're Bama boys). He made some of the most entertaining videos I've ever seen. That deep southern drawl was the best. The one video that sticks out in my mind was "Ben Lee's - hunting the rut".
Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a few of his video's... I think that guy just plain lived with the turkeys
Old 02-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: supaflav

Man, I sure miss watching Ben Lee. He wasa true icon to me & my buddies (being we're Bama boys). He made some of the most entertaining videos I've ever seen. That deep southern drawl was the best. The one video that sticks out in my mind was "Ben Lee's - hunting the rut".

I loved that video.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 AM

Did you see that shot!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I am impressed - didn't think most of you guys are as old as me and yes True Great Turkey hunting legends are not forgotten....RIP Ben!

Now to get back tothe original post -

I put the Smack down on him!

JW
Old 02-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Tell em' you love em' and Thank ya dear lord and He's good enuff to ride in Eddie Salters truck. even on a bad day Eddie leaves the woods with a sence of acomplishment.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

I only shoot long beards....but the most often heard saying around here, if you shoot a jake is.

"A jake in the hand is better than a tom in the bush!"

Quick Reply: Turkey Hunting Sayings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.