Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

blinds?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default blinds?

right now i have an ameristep doghouse blind. tried turkeys with a bow for the first time last year. i quickly discovered that a doghouse is a little to crowded for a bow. missed high first morning. so i was wondering what kind of blinds work best while bow hunting?
Old 02-18-2008, 02:22 PM

Default RE: blinds?

Double Bull hands down!!! I have the Matrix and there is room enough for 2 hunters with bowsand charirs, video camera, and all the stuff you think you need to bring along. The blind does not reflect or flap in the wind. I know they are pricy, but well worth it.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

I agree double bull blinds...
Old 02-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GeneRagulsky

Double Bull hands down!!! I have the Matrix and there is room enough for 2 hunters with bows and charirs, video camera, and all the stuff you think you need to bring along. The blind does not reflect or flap in the wind. I know they are pricy, but well worth it.

I have hunted out of double bulls, and while they are nice... I like the API Terra XL blind. It is larger than the double bull, yet weighs the same and thats with a tripod chair. Sets up the same way... is unaffected by the wind, and has 3D camo and sewn in straps to weave natural vegetation through... you can make it vanish. The girlfriend and I hunt out of it together a lot. I took a turkey with the bow out of it last spring, and two deer this past fall. Oh, and its a full $100 less than the cheapest Double Bull.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults
Old 02-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The double bull is probably the best but it's also the most expensive. Ameristep has some nice hub style blinds for alot less money too.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive bowhunted for hogs and turks out of Ameri-steps Penthouse blind for the last few years or so and really enjoy it.For the price,comfort,visibilty,and space this blind gives you its a keeper.You can easily stand in this blind and come to fulldraw......
Old 02-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like ameristep for the money. I would recommend the penthouse or Roundhouse. I have the roundhouse and LOVE it. It is huge! 80 inches across and you can unzip all the sides so no worries about them coming in from behind.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jepcho

The double bull is probably the best but it's also the most expensive. Ameristep has some nice hub style blinds for alot less money too.
You can also buy at least 5 of them for what a DB costs, giving you much greater versatility in varied field conditions. Take reasonable care of a cheaper blind and it will last about as long as the higher priced one.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Spike

Dbl. bulls are nice I have 2 of them one standard mdl. and the recurve mdl. the recurve is a joke that isn't funny to get it to collapse you have to remove 2 poles from the blind sockets which can get scary then it wiil fold right up the regular will almost fold itself up I hunt mostly out of an old groundmax that blind will stand 3 times the wind twice the snow but is harder to see and shoot out of doesn't have the heavy zippers but the way it opens to get in, the corner opens up so you don't need the heavy zipper and for 79.00 at rural king it is well worth the money. I called DB about my problem and if I want to pay shipping both ways they said they would LOOK at it
Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the the hubstyle Ameristeps. The Choice blind by Ameristep is pretty sweet. Plenty of room and visibility.

Quick Reply: blinds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.