HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Custom Made Box (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/232726-custom-made-box.html)

SwampCollie 02-15-2008 08:39 PM

Custom Made Box

I know there are a few folks on here that make custom box calls.... well LETS SEE 'EM! I'm in the market.

And if anyone has a custom box call, or can recommend any good custom box call makers... I'm all ears.

PS: I'm interested in a hunting call... not a "mantle" call. Thanks! ;):D

Kamil 02-15-2008 10:00 PM

RE: Custom Made Box

I have a custom box call that is made of oak ,purple heart, teak and maple...It was made by an amish man from lancaster county and it is a really nice call that I only paid 30 dollars for. It is also the most realistic sounding call that i have found to date. This box call has a design on top of a hen flying and a gobbler feeding, a log cabin in the middle of the woods and a hunter canoeing...I just wanted to post this so you can get an idea of some nice stuff thats out there for little cost you just have to shop around....

MrGobbler43 02-16-2008 02:37 AM

Swamp i got 3 i am making right now for JW from the board here on Hunting Net as soon as there complete i'll snap a couple pics an be more then glad to get them out to all the fellow hunters

MrGobbler

D Mills 02-16-2008 07:41 AM

I am new but am a callmaker, when I can figure out to post pics on this forum, I can show you what I make. I entered my first contest this past weekend in Perry Ga and my box call took 2nd in state.

ctwny1 02-16-2008 08:28 AM

Swamp,
I bought a few Custom box calls from Jerry Zebro from Wisconsin. He visits here now and then under Turkey Addict.
Keep in mind I'm just a verysatisfied customer of his. You tell him the sound your looking for, and he will producethat soundperfectly and he's a good guy.

I can't speak highly enought about Jerry andJerry's calls. The soundthat his custom box calls produces is"pure sweet turkey". Outstanding workmanship and the sound is even better. Jerry just placed at Midwest Turkey Call competion a few weeks ago with his calls and I can assure you you'll hear more about him in due time.I myself heard a buddy of mine using Jerry's call 2 years ago and I had to have one.

Now I don't leave home without mine. Check his calls out yourself and you'll not only see what I'm saying but you'll also hear for yourself true pure sweet turkey sounds.

Turkey Addict 02-16-2008 11:58 AM

Hey Chuck Thanks for the Kind words. I may not be the best Call builder in the Nation, But I have a pretty good feeling that I might be the Best call builder in Ridgeland WI, population 245. :D

Well I fooled around with this a little wile this morning and Kind ofgot a Web site started. Its nothing special but its a start. Sorry about the long winded Begining, Kind of had to say that stuff. Allot of the Old Gobblers around here knew Mike, I had to include him. any way heres a link if its ok by the Mods.

http://turkeymountain.homestead.com/BoxCalls.html

Jerry

D Mills 02-16-2008 12:24 PM

Turkey Addict, do you know of another Wisconson callmaker named Mike Bauer? He and I have done a few trades in the past.

Turkey Addict 02-16-2008 01:08 PM

Hey D-Mills

Yes sir, I know Mike Bauer. We only live about 20 min from each other. Heck of a guy and call maker.

Jerry

D Mills 02-16-2008 03:38 PM

I haven't talked to Mike in a long while, hope he is doing well. Tell him hi from David Mills (Deacon Dave on CCO)

SwampCollie 02-16-2008 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Turkey Addict

Hey Chuck Thanks for the Kind words. I may not be the best Call builder in the Nation, But I have a pretty good feeling that I might be the Best call builder in Ridgeland WI, population 245. :D

Well I fooled around with this a little wile this morning and Kind of got a Web site started. Its nothing special but its a start. Sorry about the long winded Begining, Kind of had to say that stuff. Allot of the Old Gobblers around here knew Mike, I had to include him. any way heres a link if its ok by the Mods.

http://turkeymountain.homestead.com/BoxCalls.html

Jerry

I like the website Jerry! Sorry to hear about your good friend Mike, I'm sure that you have done him proud.

For the prices you are charging, once your calls get well known you are going to be one heck of a busy guy! A custom made call for the price of most higher end production calls sounds like a sweet deal.

What sort of woods are you using? I don't know what kinda sound I'm looking for. I want the box to be able to cutt and cluck... which is my measure of a good box call... don't want it to stick or hang up. You are the expert here... what do you think?