Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Primos Mini Sonic Dome Double Reed Turkey Call >

Primos Mini Sonic Dome Double Reed Turkey Call

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos Mini Sonic Dome Double Reed Turkey Call

Old 02-03-2008, 12:19 PM

Default Primos Mini Sonic Dome Double Reed Turkey Call

I just bought a Primos Mini Sonic Dome Double Reed Turkey Call at Dick's for 6 dollars. I have been trying for the past half hour to make it work but I cannot figure it out. I have never used a turkey mouth call before. There are instructions on the back but they make no sense
Thanks
Mossbergman11
Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Primos Mini Sonic Dome Double Reed Turkey Call

For starters make sure you cut it to fit in the roof of your mouth. Just snip off the excess vinyl. I have to bend mine also to make it fit. Now if its plastic you cant bend it. Make sure when you use it the reeds are facing downward. Then use your tongue to control the air flow over the reeds. Try that and see if it helps...
Old 02-03-2008, 03:04 PM

im still not having any luck[:@]
Old 02-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Try to mimic the yelp. You cant just blow thru it. Can you get any sound at all?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was struggling with a mouth call when i first got one and what helped me was topush the call to the roof of your mouth pretty hard andyelped through it. Maybe that will help.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:01 PM

i cant get any sound
Old 02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Let's back up a bit - do you have other diaphragms that you can make a sound on?

Ihave found some I don't like as they jsut don't work or run well for me.

JW
Old 02-03-2008, 09:11 PM

I would bet its priceless watching a 1st timer do it. I was one last year myself. Once you figure out how to make a sound with it, it wont take you long to figure out the different noises to make. I have that same call, and really dont prefer it, I like the one with the triple bat cut (could be because I have gotten really use to it this past year). Itcomes in the 3 pack.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

I myself have a hard time with the primos. I consider myself very good with a mouth call (i use them the most). I prefer the thicker reed calls such as quaker boy and HSStrut. You may want to try one of those calls. I dont care much for the MAD calls.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mouth calls are a problem for some and easy for others. I have never had a problem with them. I use them 90% of the time. I have been trying to teach a friend of mine for a couple of years and he still can't get it. Not saying you'll never get it, you just need to keep working on it. Like others said, try other mouth calls. You may find other kinds easier to use. Make sure you are putting the call in your mouth correctly. I've never used the sonic dome, but it looks like it would be uncomfortable in my mouth. If you like Primos, try the diamond series. Buy different mouth calls and keep practicing.

Quick Reply: Primos Mini Sonic Dome Double Reed Turkey Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.