Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Wayne Pearson Ultimate Outdoors >

Wayne Pearson Ultimate Outdoors

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Wayne Pearson Ultimate Outdoors

Old 01-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wayne Pearson Ultimate Outdoors

Man that guys show sucks... The only show I watch were they don't show the kill shot[:'(]

Guy really seems like a butt Nugget too... Seems like all his shows are filmed on place were the animals aren't hunted... I guess thats the only way this nugget can kill something
Old 01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wayne Pearson Ultimate Outdoors

Pretty much. He's actually from my hometown and while I haven't met him I used to go to school with his daughterTalk about smokin'!

Old 10-19-2008, 08:15 AM

Just a newb here...
I actually met Wayne during the Ultimate Outdoorsman Search contest he was running a couple of years on ESPN2. He is actually a hell of a nice guy, and a pretty damn good shot too (both left and right handed). He was the only one that out-shot me during the competition. I ended up going home with 13 pheasants that week, Wayne had 14.
It was obvious to everyone that the bozos were the two judges that just couldn't stand to see a guyfrom Los Angeles out-performa "mid-western brother" of theirs. If you watched on ESPN2 in 2006, you'll see what I mean. Wayne even told me after, I was a far superior host and shooter. He encouraged me to start up my own show out here in California.
As far as kill shots... I think he is just trying to encourage those that never hunted to get into the outdoors and do it. He is hoping to use his position to increase the numbers of the population that do hunt. I think there may be better ways to edit out the "kill shot", in order to fulfill both the hunter and newbs alike. His shows generally have shown the kill during his 25 years in the business.
Take it easy on the ol' bird! He's a good dude.

p.s. Here's a photo of last weeks harvest just 16 mi. N of downtown Los Angeles. All legal in the Angeles National Forest. Found a new "honey-spot". Looks like meat is plentiful this year. One more tag to fill still. Buck or Doe.

LIFE IS SHORT...HUNT HARD -DJ

Old 10-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

I dont care much for his show either...