Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

NH Winter Turkey Photos

Old 01-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default NH Winter Turkey Photos

There’s a fewphotos that might get the blood pumping for the up and coming spring season! There's17 in this flock of hens I’ve got tracking up my front yard.The photos are all taken through the windows of my computer room so I apologize for the quality of them. I get a real hoot out of seeing them around my house and I hope you enjoy seeing them asmuch as I do

BTW...they are allhens andfour of themare bearded. One actually has a double beard! I've seen hens strutting before but only aftera spring thunder storm. I've neverseen them strutting like this inthe dead of winter. Enjoy

Old 01-04-2008, 11:08 AM

Default RE: NH Winter Turkey Photos

Awesome pictures!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty awsome to have that in your back yard!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:43 PM

What a awesome treat to see out your window. Easter Sunday I looked out the living room window to see two turkeys walking about thirty feet from my house. I didn't get any pics of them. My kids thought they were cool to see. It was the first time they had ever seen wild turkeys. Keep snapping more great photos.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice. If you get more pics...be sure to post them! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Is there a bearded hen in the 9th and 10th picture? I don't see spurs and that beard is rather long, but I dunno.

What do the esteemed true experts say out there?

I say its either a male or a female, not sure which one! HA!!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh stop it!!!! April is still too far away!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

I see a couple of bearded hens...One in the 9th and 10th picture and one in the last three picturesthat looks tohave a spindlier beard.

Nice pics...Gotta love those little jakes struttin their stuff...
Old 01-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyoneYeah it is pretty cool sitting here on the computer watching turkeys flying from tree top to tree top or feeding acrossmy yard. Lately I've been seeingthem at least three times during the day and sometime more. Just the other day while on my front porch, I heard them yelping behind my neighbor’s house. Took out one of my Tooky River Calls and started talking to them. Within minutes I had the whole flock running down my driveway

I'll double check again with binoculars on the two that were strutting but I didn't see any bumps or what would be spurs in the futureon them.Therearefour bearded hens in this flock. Two of them have pretty weak beards with just a couple of strands while one has a prettynice beard for hen. The one with the double beard (didn't get her one film yet) has again a pretty weak beard but the second one above it is about 2 or 3" long and thick. Well there they go, pitching down to my neighbor’s yard!

A fewpeople I've told about these turkeys in my yards say they wish they had them in their yard so they could shoot one. I couldn't do that! I like seeing them too muchNow, it would be pretty darn tempting if a 23+ pounder with 1.5" spurs sporting a triple beard were out there strutting aroundmy yard during the season. Even though itwould be legal for me to take him, I've got too much respect for them to take one that way.

I'll keep them coming as I see them!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great stuff MKG...thanks for postin...