Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

RIPPED OFF!?

Old 12-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: RIPPED OFF!?

If it is a paid hunt through an outfitter and your guide brings a gun along for himself, that would be a good sign the outfit is bogus. If you invited him to bring his gun and shoot a bird also, then shame on you. I have had hunters offer for me to bring my gun and shoot a bird. I never did. It is just my opinion that even if the hunter makes the offer for the guide to bring their gun, it is their hunt and they are what matters. If I had brought it, I would not have shot until the hunter had gotten his bird. I would dispute the $250 cost.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:50 PM

I DIDNT INVITE HIM 2 BRING HIS GUN- IT WAS FOR FOLLOW UP SHOTS ON A WOUNDED BIRD IF THAT HAPPENED. WHAT CAN I DO IN COURT THOUGH?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:03 AM
Fork Horn

I would refuse to pay and if he tried to get you in collections court you could probably win. If there is no written contract then there is nothing that he can do. I am sure you can find another place to bird hunt man I wouldn't waste one more minute with that turd.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hillbilly deluxe

i aint paid em yet but i told him i would
wanna no the worst part
im only 15 he stole a turkey from a kid lol
idn how im even gunna git 250 bucks first off
Don't pay him anything! Tell your dad what happened and let him fight it out with the guy.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

First of all, I wouldn't even consider hunting with this guy again, quail and pheasants, or not - find somewhere else to hunt. Secondly, do not pay him a dime. You are a minor - he's out of luck. He'll be mad but you'll have the satisfaction of a least having $250 in your pocket!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:06 PM

YEA MY DAD IS CALLIN HIM BUT HE AINT ANSWERIN JUSS YET. IM STILL GUNNA PAY I THINK BUT IM NOT SURE I DONT WANT TO THOUGH
Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 PM

Don't pay dude, if you end up goin to court over it and you still have to pay then your out 250 plus court costs but i would think common sense would tell the judge not to make you pay for a bird you didn't shoot.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

hillbilly, Please do not use all caps when typing. Thank you.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd rather bite the bullet and hunt public land,then tokiss somebody's !@# for a place to hunt
Old 12-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK,I'm confused(nothin new)I gather this was a fall hunt since he shot a hen.Since the birds scattered after the shot,Why didn't ya just call em back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.