Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Check out my new weapon! >

Check out my new weapon!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Check out my new weapon!

Old 10-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Check out my new weapon!

After 2 years of saying I was gonna buy a new turkey gun, I finally did! I had been shooting a Remington 11-87 supermag in black synthetic for years now but have been tired of switching sights in and out of it and re patterning from scratch every year. I had my eye on this fo a while since I really like my 11-87. Here it is, a remington 11-87 supermag thumbhole turkey edition. I just got it at cabelas yesterday! Really a comfortable fit. I had the money for a while and called cabelas and they just happened to be on sale so I rushed up and got it. Cant wait till this spring to hunt with it! Just thought I'd share.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Check out my new weapon!

Thats a nice lookin gun.. I tried one at the store to see how it felt. I shoot a mossberg 835 or an old 870 my grandfather left me so I'm not up to buy a new gun... But if I were to... I'd get one with the thumb hole for sure.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

NICE!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

jepcho, I got the exact same gun but I got the 870 model and used it during the previous spring season! The gun shoots like a dream and it is so comfortable to hold in the hands while in the spring turkey woods! Everyone that ever goes hunting with me comments on it and really likes it. Don't know if you have tried patterning it or not, but what is working great for me out of mine is using a Primos jellyhead choke and Federal flight control 3.5" #5 shot. I get excellent patterns out to 50 yards. Congrats again on the new gun...you are gonna love it!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. Just dont do what my buddy did. He went out and bought one thinking it woould help. but he didn't pattern it before goin out. 3 shots later he had an empty chamber and no turkey. Practice and preperation are the key
Old 10-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah dont worry, I plan to pattern it very well before I go out. I have been using an HS undertaker choke tube with Hevishot #6's and had great luck with it. I think I'm going to stick with that tube and try a few different loads through it and see what I think. It's hard to imagine it patterning much better than what I had through my old gun but we'll see.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great idea. I have heard a lot of good things about the undertaker choke tube...especially with the hevi-shot load. When you do get a chance to pattern it with that choke, I would love to know your results, as I am always looking to improve or try out different setups. A PM would be great....
Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

THAT IS SWWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!!!Very nice Jep!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

My Christmas gift to me this year. I'm getting that one, or this one....

Model 870™ SPS™ Super Mag Max Gobbler
Old 10-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have the 870 supermag thumbhole special purpose.I am planing on trying it out this weekend, ky fall shotgun turkey season comes in sat.

Quick Reply: Check out my new weapon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.