Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli JUNK

Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Benelli JUNK

I've had it with Benelli, let me explain.

I bought a 20ga. M1 1 1/2 years ago, I have had nothing but problems trying to get this thing to hit POA/POI, I have tried 4 different chokes, they shot good patterns but were a foot low and a foot left.
I sent the gun back to Benelli 2 times to get this problem fixed.
First time, they said it shoots to thier spec's...I told them I don't shoot turkeys with #8 shot and that this was unacceptable to me, especially when I paid about $1100.00 for the gun.

Second time, I spoke to them on the phone and told them this gun was bought specifally for turkey hunting and that I would even pay for them to shoot turkey loads (any turkey load) to get the gun right, I asked if they would replace the barrel...nope, they sent it back without doing anything.

So, when I get home in August, I will take a chop saw or porta-band saw and cut the gun up into 2" pieces and send the piece of TRASH back to Benelli, it will probably shoot the same way as it does now.
Then my 12ga. Benelli SBE will be sold. I have made it very clear to Benelli what I was going to do, and that they have lost a customer for EVER, and if I can, I will let everyone know how Benelli DIDN'T take care of this problem and how it was handled, and that I will try my hardest to send them to another gun company.

So future buyer's BEWARE, Benelli will NOT help you if you have a problem with thier gun.

Dean
Old 07-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Benelli JUNK

So future buyer's BEWARE, Benelli will NOT help you if you have a problem with thier gun.
I've never had any problem with any of my benellis, and I havent heard many bad things about them. And whats the sense in chopping up a gun worth that much?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:16 PM
bigcountry

I have yet to find a shotgun where the POI is correct. At 40-50yards, 6" to 10" off POA is pretty normal.I buy a set of Tru glow adjustable turkey sights and adjust, and I am happy.

I am not a huge benelli fan, but there is solutions to your problems.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chopping a $1,000 gun is such a retarted thing to do, why didn't you just have a thread, "First one to respond gets a free Benelli!", that way, you would've given it to someone who would have appreciated it.

What about that 12 ga. you were talking about? Did it have any problem either? If not, then you're just going Japanese on yourself, trying to make a statement.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll give you $200 and a saws all for it.

Let's see how much you really hate it.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll give you $250, a swas all and blades.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

I understand your frustration. To pay such a high dollar for a gun that is worthless is pitiful. You want your money out of it. That I understand. Its your gun and you can do what you want with it. Believe me Ive wanted to chop up a few of my guns. Sometimes these bigger companys think they can crap on the little guy. Us people who work hard for our money and want the best for ourselves. Sometimes more expensive isnt the way to go. I myself shoot a simple Mossberg 500 with an extended factory turkey choke. Never once have I missed a turkey and can kill a turkey out at 50 yards or more. Do what is right for you...
Old 07-17-2007, 05:29 AM

First,YES I have had problems with the 12ga., and second,NO they didn't fix the problem, it still doesn't eject all of the time...and no it's not the ammo, it does it with all sizes and brands, and yes it does it even after the gun has been cleaned and lubed. so what other excuse can Benneli come up with for it not ejecting????
The 12ga. will be going to a friend who know's the problem and doesn't care about the ejection problem. I'm not selling it to him, it's a gift. I think it's a gift to me that he's taking it.

Yes it maybe crazy to cut the gun up, it's not retarded, retard. I paid for the gun and can do as I please, I appreciate everything I have, but there are times when you just have to do things that don't seem right to satisfy one's own mind. I'm not going to sell the gun to anyone, I wouldn't do that to someone, it is the princple of the matter and the way Benneli DIDN'T handle the situation that has my P-d off. They had thier chance's, yes chance's, to fix the problem.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Dominant Buck

The 12ga. will be going to a friend who know's the problem and doesn't care about the ejection problem. I'm not selling it to him, it's a gift. I think it's a gift to me that he's taking it.
I don't think you're retarded at all. If I were you...I'd still cut it up.

But.....that'll show 'em.....givin it away and all. They're probably madder'n hornets right now.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:02 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't think you're retarded at all. If I were you...I'd still cut it up.

But.....that'll show 'em.....givin it away and all. They're probably madder'n hornets right now.

Quick Reply: Benelli JUNK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.