HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   don't know a thing about it (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/193540-dont-know-thing-about.html)

nvrhapy 06-05-2007 10:27 PM

don't know a thing about it

hey guys i been deer hunting now for around 10 yrs, i have 20 acres in mid michigan mostly wooded with oak trees, a buddy of mine wants to try turkey hunting on my property. i have a small food plot(.5 acres)i put in last year of wheat rye and a clover mix, my question is i nvr turkey hunted nor set my property up to attract turkeys just deer,there are turkeys in that area but i nvr seen them on my property more so the surrounding properties. what do i need todo to start attracting these turkeys to my property? what signs should i look for, scouting? any info i howto get started would be great thanks

RDHunter 06-06-2007 08:45 AM

RE: don't know a thing about it

If the birds are in the surrounding area , then there in yours too.
Next time you go out there walk around the oak trees and look for feathers laying around.
Look for droping as well , they'll look like a little cigar butt like in the photo below.
Also look around the ground for tracks and small circles of cleared ground , thats the kind of sign they leave when there feeding.

zubba 06-06-2007 08:54 AM

Yep RDHunter pretty much summed it up. ;)

ccobbett 06-06-2007 10:19 AM

What can I say, the man knows his sh!@.

RDHunter 06-06-2007 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: ccobbett

What can I say, the man knows his sh!@.
L O L ... if you think thats something , you should see the pictures of buck dropings and doe dropings. :D

kdsberman 06-09-2007 10:27 AM

Hey where abouts in mid michigan are you located?? Im from Mid Michigan myself.

deerdust 06-11-2007 01:19 PM

RD, sounds like you are full of sh!+..LOL[8D]Na really it sounds like you have all your sh!+ together..LOL[8D]

RIStrutStopper 06-11-2007 01:40 PM

Glad to have a turdologist in the group! Never know when you might need one!

RDHunter 06-11-2007 02:52 PM

All right .... I may not know alot about " Jack " but I do know my s**t , speaking of which in my first reply the " turd " in the picture was made by a hen.
The " turd " made by a tom would be longer with a curled tip at one end , looking like the letter " J " .
In my second reply I mentioned something about deer droppings and the diffrence between a buck and doe , so I'm gonna post those pictures as soon as find what disk they'er on.
Stay tuned for more s**t coming soon. :D

zubba 06-11-2007 02:58 PM

All right .... I may not know alot about " Jack " but I do know my s**t , speaking of which in my first reply the " turd " in the picture was made by a hen.
The " turd " made by a tom would be longer with a curled tip at one end , looking like the letter " J " .
In my second reply I mentioned something about deer droppings and the diffrence between a buck and doe , so I'm gonna post those pictures as soon as find what disk they'er on.
Stay tuned for more s**t coming soon. :D

I can't wait....I hope I can sleep tonight.