HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   messed up by d@$% poachers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/190444-messed-up-d-poachers.html)

Angus74 05-03-2007 07:42 PM

messed up by d@$% poachers

Went out this morning with a buddy who lives about a mile down the road, and we got on two birds roosted almost right in his back yard, we were working them about 100 yards behind his house, in a powerline. We had heard the two birds we were after, and another across the gravel road from where we were, but he only gobbled once. The two birds on our side were responding well, and were on the ground and slowly coming our way, and still about 100 yards out. Then we hear a car coming down the gravel road, then it lock up the brakes and they fired a shot from the car in the road. rightat the end of his driveway! My buddy jumped up and ran into the powerline clearing in time to see a car doa U-turn in the road and take off!. We called a coupel times again with no response, so we decided our hunt was over. We headed back to his house and just as we entered his yard, the car came back and pulled over to the edge of the road. We got to my car and came down the driveway and the car was gone, and we didnt know where they went, but theres a dead end road about 100 yards away, so after a little looking around and not finding any sign of them hitting what they were shooting at, we decided to go down the dead end road to see if thats where they went, and sure enough, there they were. We started to block the road, but decided it may get a little dangerous, so my buddy got their liscense number and was debating calling them in. It really sucked to have my buddys hunt ruined by a low life shooting from the road, and right by his house to boot, he was really mad about it. Well sorry for the long post, just wanted to vent a little.

txjourneyman 05-03-2007 08:07 PM

RE: messed up by d@$% poachers

Here in Tx we have a program called "Operation Game Thief". It is a statewide number for turning in poachers. I would not hesitate to call.

JW 05-03-2007 08:52 PM

I'd turn them in instantly!

End of story!

And I have done it as I had basically the same thing happen to me.......

JW

tigerw10 05-03-2007 09:25 PM

Turn them in, there is absolutely no reason for that kind of behavior!!! Sorry to hear it.

MN/Kyle 05-03-2007 11:37 PM

Sorry to you and your buddy, and yes do the right thing (unlike them) and turn them in. Very unethical of them, and not safe either...call the proper authorities.

Angus74 05-04-2007 08:11 AM

Well, my buddy did call it in, and he called me last night to let me know the game warden had called him back about the incident. It turns out, they found the guy, and stopped him and searched his car, found an illegal turkey, and drugs! Supposedly the guy has prior drug charges, and this is supposed to be bad news for him. I guess they got him for several different violations, including shooting from the road, illegal turkey, drugs, and Im not sure what else. It sounds like a good candidate to be removed from the streets.

superstrutter 05-04-2007 08:29 AM

The good guys win one.

r33h 05-04-2007 09:28 AM

Sorry to hear that!! I agree with the others...I would definitely contact the proper authorities...

zubba 05-04-2007 10:46 AM

That is good news. I'm clad to hear the low life got caught. Good Work!!

jepcho 05-04-2007 11:02 AM

Glad to hear he got caught! Good luck getting back on those birds.