HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   PMC TURKEY LOADS (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/190127-pmc-turkey-loads.html)

matt068 04-30-2007 08:19 PM

PMC TURKEY LOADS

I was getting ready for the opener here in Ny on May 1. I was at Gander Mtn and saw turkey loads for $2.98 for a box of 5, I had to try them. I normally shoot rem hevi shot or winchester supremes in 6's but for $3.00 bucks they peaked my curiosity. They are made by PMCammunitionits nickel plated shot w/ polymer buffering in 3" #6 with 2oz of shot. After shooting 5 shellsI'm sold they will be going in the woods on the opener they pattern awesome out of my 870. I went back and bought 5 boxes. I recommend trying them if you get a chance I wasn't expecting much,and was surprised beyond beliefso was my wallet.

r33h 05-01-2007 07:32 AM

RE: PMC TURKEY LOADS

Interesting...I haven't ever even heard of that brand. Thanks for the info...I will definitely keep an eye out.

IL-Cornfed 05-01-2007 08:14 AM

Beware of cheap ammo. I'm sure there is a reason it's so cheap. Either sub standard ingredients or no one wants it. Besides, how many turkey rounds do you possibly shoot in a season?!? I'd be willing to bet that ballistically they don't compare with the top of the line offerings from Winchester or Hevi-Shot? Good luck though

t roy 05-01-2007 08:24 AM

PMC is not cheap ammo. Thanks for the heads up think I'll try to get my hands on some of those also.

superstrutter 05-01-2007 08:58 AM

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Beware of cheap ammo. I'm sure there is a reason it's so cheap. Either sub standard ingredients or no one wants it. Besides, how many turkey rounds do you possibly shoot in a season?!? I'd be willing to bet that ballistically they don't compare with the top of the line offerings from Winchester or Hevi-Shot? Good luck though
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I think I'll stick with what I am already shooting. Nothing wrong with some of you guys trying it out though.

mbickham 05-07-2007 06:19 PM

I only pay 7.00 for my 3", #6 Federals for 10. I think I'll stick
to those, my gun and I like them.:) But I think PMC's are made by
Remington, so I don't think they are elcheapos.

matt068 05-07-2007 07:31 PM

Mbickman they are not made by remington but if feds shoot good out of your rig i would stick w/ them. Maybe try them maybe you'd be happier at that price nuttin to lose. Good luck and shoot em straight whatever you shoot

Mr. Longbeard 05-08-2007 10:36 AM

I bought some of those YYYEEEAAARRRSSS AGO... Gold box with red letters and a strutting turkey on the left side of the box Mfg. by CLEVER, s.r.l... I cut one open and guess what... It was copper plated shot not nickle... And they shot about average out of my gun... No were as good as any Winchester turkey load. Even the cheapest XX loads shot better than those...

Congrats on your purchase;)