Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 help with The Girlfreinds Mother >

help with The Girlfreinds Mother

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

help with The Girlfreinds Mother

Old 04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default help with The Girlfreinds Mother

Ok guys i need your help.... My Girlfreind is 19 and still lives at home with her mom and step dad. She has been scouting, shooting and even learned to call with a mouth call. She was suppose to go hunting with me tomw but now her mom wont let her and tells her she dosnt like it(gf not the mom)and that shes only doing it to make me happy. WHAT DO I DO??? I cant think of anything to say to her mother to make her realize that shes seriouse about it and that she really wants to go. Im soo heated and fustrated.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: help with The Girlfreinds Mother

That's playing with fire! Give it time, she will have to come around. In the mean time, go hunt!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Heck, she's 19 for christ sake. She should tell her mom she's going, end of discussion!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: turk2di

Heck, she's 19 for christ sake. She should tell her mom she's going, end of discussion!
Exactly what i was thinking.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

I would have talk with both her and her mother. See if she really wants to hunt first or what the story is there. Then I would explain to her mom that hunting is a perfectly safe recreational activity when done right. Tell her where the two of you will be hunting and when you will be back. If she still won't change her mind i'd let it go. You prolly won't win.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:15 PM

part of the reason i go hunting is to get away from my girlfriend and have some peace andquiet for once haha!!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:38 PM

Leave her at home. Go hunting.Let her and her overbearing mom work their issues out. It isn't about hunting, it's about control... and you don't want to be anywhere near that mess.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go by yourself, then cook a fantastic turkey dinner for her and her mom. Share the story with them but go easy. Maybe mom will change her mind. I wouldn't want to tick mom off or have the two ladies fight over it, but she is old enough to make her own decisions. I don't know the family so I'll just leave it at that.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Im with turk2di...
Old 05-01-2007, 03:25 AM

she still lives at home so she has to respect here mom, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go over and show her mom your pimp hand

Quick Reply: help with The Girlfreinds Mother

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.