Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 help with The Girlfreinds Mother >

help with The Girlfreinds Mother

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

help with The Girlfreinds Mother

Old 05-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: help with The Girlfreinds Mother

i'd tell her to stand up to her mom or maybe she can stay homehelp her mom get her head out of her butt........
Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys ignore the fact that she may actually respect her mother. I, personally, am impressed when a woman reacts positively to something her parents do that seems unreasonable. This is a good indicator of how she will react when YOU do something that seems unreasonable. If you are serious about a woman than watch how she treats her parents, that's how she will eventually treat you.

As far as what to do? Leave it alone. Support your GF in her willingness to be obedient to her mother. After all she is still living at home so she owes her parents a level of submission. Give it time and show with your positive response that you are a man to be trusted and you may change the mother's mind.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have her tell her mom how she feels. But for you, I would stay out of it and stay in the woods.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: turk2di

Heck, she's 19 for christ sake. She should tell her mom she's going, end of discussion!
That was my first thought as well...
Old 05-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Talondale

You guys ignore the fact that she may actually respect her mother. I, personally, am impressed when a woman reacts positively to something her parents do that seems unreasonable. This is a good indicator of how she will react when YOU do something that seems unreasonable. If you are serious about a woman than watch how she treats her parents, that's how she will eventually treat you.

I think it's great she respects her mom, we all should....but i'm sorry if mom doesnt like what i am doing , then mom doesnt have to do it .....my mom doesnt hunt, actually she's not too keen on it, but she supports my sister and i 100%....i would look at the mother and ask why is she pushing her beliefs on her child...asking her not to do it just because she wouldnt do it herself.....thats taking away from your child...it's something positive in her life, any mom should want that for her kid......i know i do.....as a mom ,i want them to be able to explore everything in life they can encounter with my support, my daughter went through a vegan phase, i didnt like it, but i supported her...now she's eating hog sausage and deer meat, lol....its great...my point is, 19 yrs. old, she is old enough to do what she wants, if she wants to educate herself to our world, thats great, ignorance is the blame for so much negativity when it comes to hunting....my dad and step mom are anti hunting all the way, they know where i stand on it and i know where they stand on it, we dont have to let it interefere with a thing...thats respect.....it works both ways....
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Amen trophyhunter everyone knows it all will work out if you keep your pimp hand strong. Thats just too funny
Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Shes 19........ just tell her to go, that simple!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

WOW thanks for all the advice LOL. I was just pissed and was venting and i talked to the step dad.... WHO hunts by the way he said that ist not about hunting its all about POWER.[&:] so im gonna stay out of this one. but when i do get her to go ill def post some pics for yah!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

cant wait for the pics....tell her she'll love it, if nothing else, she can spend some time with you and learn some thigns or two that she didnt know....good luck..