HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   undertaker choke tube (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/188694-undertaker-choke-tube.html)

mossyoak8 04-17-2007 06:19 PM

undertaker choke tube

hey guys i just ordered an undertake shoke tube and i was wondering if anyboyd here has or has used one before and how they liked it

tkycaller 04-17-2007 07:24 PM

RE: undertaker choke tube

I use one in my Old ugly 835 Mossberg. It works as well as any others I have tried in that price range.
Remember every gun is different so hopefully it will work for yours.

mossyoak8 04-17-2007 07:31 PM

tkycaller thanks for the advice but is there anything that works good in a mossburg? hahahah just foolin with ya and thanks

chuckclear2000 04-17-2007 07:34 PM

I recently picked one up for my winchester 1300. Patterened it Sunday, I love it!! Great pattern

mossyoak8 04-17-2007 07:54 PM

chuck how far did you shoot from and did you count how many pellets in kill zone??

just wondering but thanks for letting me know i was a little worried i bought somehitng for nothing haha

LKing 04-18-2007 10:11 AM

I bought one last week for my 1300. It was terrible. At 25 yards it was patterning to the left, only put 10-15 pellets in the turkey target. I took it back, just wasn't happy. I actually threw a nicer patter with my winchoke full. I even tried multiple loads and flight control wads to see if that would help. Ended up buying a Browning Xfull turkey and that shot much better.

Borch 04-19-2007 09:22 PM

In my two win 1300s it shoots anything as long as it's 6 shot very well. Doesn't seem to matter what brand. If it's 40 yards or closer it's dead. Getting 12-18bone hits at 40 yards.

kdsberman 04-19-2007 09:47 PM

First time i shot with an Undertaker i missed. Haha. I used my brothers gun that had it thinking i had the ultimate turkey gun since i was so used to using my New England. Had 3 toms at 15 yards...MISSED HIM! Pattern must have been so tight it had to have gone right past his head. Of course it was 15 yards, anythings gonna be tight at that yardage.

asonofgod 04-20-2007 10:18 AM

I patterned with on in my Mossberg 500 a couple of weeks ago, between it and the Federal Premium Flight Conrol Wad 3" #5, I was getting patterns almost completely within a 20" circle at 35 yards. My experience with it, and everything 'Hunter's Specialty' makes has been rather well. I'd certainly give it a try. I guess it could be too tight at close distances with certain loads (like the one forementioned). I also got pretty good patterns with a winchester Supreme load that were not quite so tight.

-Jared