Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Did i screw the sight up?? >

Did i screw the sight up??

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Did i screw the sight up??

Old 04-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Did i screw the sight up??

I'm shooting a Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag and was patterning my gun yesterday, but noticed it was shooting just a tad high. The turkey would still be dead not a problem, but i wanted the most efficient shot I could get. So to correct the problem i moved the screw on the rear sight, but i accidentally started moving it the other way. So i kinda guessed where it was before and then screwed it the other way, hoping to only move the sight SLIGHTLY and not to have it make a giant difference. My question is, i got a little worried because i had to guess where the screw on the sight was before i moved it the wrong way, then had to move it the right way. Would this little bit of adjustment totally screw my pattern up??? I understand if it was a bullet it probably would, but since bb's are flying all over the place i figured it wouldnt have made a difference even if i did move it wrong. Hell...maybe its perfect now?? Thanks for the help
Old 04-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Did i screw the sight up??

I'd shoot it and find out. Better to spend a few bucks than find out you missed or worse yet mamed a bird. Its sometimes isn't easy to get a bird in the sights why blow it when you could prevent the situation!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not sure if ill get another chance to get out and shoot before season. Even though i rambled on about doing this, to sum it up im about 90% positive that i movedthe sight just a TAD down, whether or not i moved it the wrong way or not, because im pretty sure i got it back to where it was before, THEN moved it the right direction.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

One shot will let you know. Wouldn't you rather find out at a range or in a field shooting a coffee can as opposed to finding out you moved it more than a "tad" when the gobbler of a lifetime runs off never to be seen again? Finding the time is the right thing to do!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:07 AM

have to shoot it to find out
Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get out and shoot it! You'll never know otherwise.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:11 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Ya go shoot it - the last thing you want to do is miss or wound a turkey!

I'd start at 15-20 yards with a trap loads and make sure you can smack the center out of a quarter sized orange dot on paper or cardboard. Then once you are doing that - go to your turkey load. Saves time, money and shoulder pounding!

JW