Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team #1 "The Tominators" >

Team #1 "The Tominators"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team #1 "The Tominators"

Old 03-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Team #1 "The Tominators"

Congrats Tarheel, Good bird there.
My 1st attempt will be for an Osceola. I am headed out Apr 1 for Jacksonville with Pat. From there I will hunt Macon, Mo, and then Franklin, Ne. Time is gonna kill me,, lol I can hardly wait.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Fork Horn

good job tarheel you guys that are already hunting are so lucky! the birds are starting go really nuts here in ohio, the warm weather just fueled it. i picked up another farm to hunt for this year 100 acres i have seen bearded birds all winter there hope they stayed. any of you guys shoot rem. heavy shot? have you been able to find any thats left over? ttyl TEDROW
Old 03-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the team's first bird Tarheel. It will not be long and we will all be out chasing them around. The weather has warmed up here in Pa. but it has been raining for the past 2 days.Looking forward to scouting and some sunshine..
Old 03-23-2007, 05:37 AM

Thanks guys. Good luck to you all. I will be heading to Tenn. & SC on March 31 to tackle some Easterns.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tedrow

any of you guys shoot rem. heavy shot? have you been able to find any thats left over? ttyl TEDROW
I shoot Rem. hevi shot magnums. I bought a couple of boxes last year. I found two boxes this year of the kindI use. I shoot 3 1/2 5 shot. I have four boxes now. That should last me a while. I was sad to hear they were no longer making them. They replaced them with the Wingmaster HD, which cost twice the amount of the hevi shots. Hopefully I will lay me one down tomorrow with the hevi shot.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Atta boy Tarheel Turkey!!! Nice bird!!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations Tarheel!!! Great job! nice bird! Go Team Go!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ataboy Tarheel, I've been tryin to better our score from that first bird I killed, but you brought it up 10 more points! Nice! I've beenworkin on my next one, but I think I've already hunted em a little too hard and they're gettin smart on me. I'm gonna take a couple of days off and go fishin while it's good and hot down here, maybe I can fill up a livewell with some white perch. I'm on spring break this coming week so I'll have plenty of time to chase a bird or two around. Good luck to the rest of the team!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Just got added to Team 1 on a late entry. I'll be hunting easterns in MN and WI starting May 2nd. Good luck to everyone and congrats to Tarheel turkey. I'll start hitting some practice areas around April 15th to take some pix, call some birds. Can't wait!!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the team ironranger. I have faith in you, that's why I added you to the team.. lol

Quick Reply: Team #1 "The Tominators"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.