Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

pattern pic

Old 03-16-2007, 02:26 PM

Default pattern pic

I'm starting to think my barrel is crooked? I keep getting the best pattern to the right every time!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pattern pic

Is that most of your pattern???? I'd shoot at a bigger piece of paper... If that really is the dense center of the pattern, then you have the potential for a great shooter. I couldn't read if your gun is a remington or if you shell is a remington, but if your gun is a Remington, that might well explain why your gun is shooting way off to the right....
Old 03-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like you got 15 hits in the neck and brain. How many shots have you fired? Try some fully adjustable sights or a scope to dial that Point Of Impact (P.O.I) into where you want it. Looks like it might have a good pattern there.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude I doubt your barrel is bent... Your prob pulling to the right... Get on a bench and shoot from some sand bags...

And that pattern your shooting looks awsome... Like I always say... Remington baby Remington
Old 03-16-2007, 05:33 PM

i agree with ultimag. you need sights or a scope. i had that issue to the left last year. fixed it with this foam sleeve type thing on the stock with foam inserts to lift and move where my head lines up on the stock. that got me dialed in last year, but now i have sights.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:15 PM

the target was printed on a standard sheet of copy paper, I printed the target from here....

http://www.huntingclub.com/Hunting/Shooting_Targets.asp

I was kidding about the barrel, but I do wonder about the sights and how my head position is on the stock while I shoot.

I'm going to go buy a gun rest to see what the problem is.
Thanks.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 PM

your profile is empty so I dont know where you live but you are more than welcome to use mine one weekend if your in my area.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem last year except mine shot the main pattern low & left 8 inches. I was using a Under Taker choke on a 1300 Winchester.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigaggie77

the target was printed on a standard sheet of copy paper, I printed the target from here....

http://www.huntingclub.com/Hunting/Shooting_Targets.asp

I was kidding about the barrel, but I do wonder about the sights and how my head position is on the stock while I shoot.

I'm going to go buy a gun rest to see what the problem is.
Thanks.

Certainly not a bad plan Aggie.

The comment I made about a Remington shooting right is based upon my Rem 870 Express, which was the first 12ga I ever owned. I have shot a whole lot of turkey's with it, but, just like you and yours, mine (and me) shoot to the right. Is it head position? Maybe... I shot mine off a lead sled and it still shoot a little bit to the right, no matter what load I put in it. I have let friends and family shoot it as well.... always about 6-10 inches to the right. Scope or sights would be a better fix than the Kentucky Windage system I used until I retired it 4 seasons ago.

Good luck... it looks like that pattern could be a real bird stomper!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow maybe my cousin isnt a bad shot after all... He had a 12 ga Remington express with some form of nitro shells too and he shot off to the right when we were practicing... weird that a gun would do that

Quick Reply: pattern pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.