Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

MECHANICALS?

Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MECHANICALS?

WHY WOULD YOU NEED THAT?MECHANICALS LEAVE A BIG ENOUGH HOLE.SEE WHAT THEY DO TO DEER I CAN IMAGINE WHAT IT WILL DO TO A BIRD.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

I believe you want your arrow to stay in the bird as opposed to a pass through. They have small vitals and if you can get some extra banging around going on inside I think that would be a benefit. Not my opinion, it is just what I have read and heard from others.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

With something like a washer or bottle cap, I certainly don't think you'd get enough penetration. I'm sure you'd knock the bird right off his feet, but I doubt that you'd have the penetration you would need to reach the vitals.
Depending on your set up, your shot angle, the size and make of your broadhead, you might not geta pass through anyways.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:12 PM

I also will be using the spitfire mechanicals. I have not tried the washer with a fixed blade, but would be interested to hear how it works.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

I think it is called a turkey stopper, I have 1 and dont know what they are called it goes on behind your broadhead and has 3 wire prongs facing forward tworads the tip of your broadhead and slows down the broadhead to keep the arrow inside the bird..I have looked in cabelas and cannot find the actual one that I have and am talking about..I will check the muzzy website and see if I can find it...It doesnt nessecarily make a bigger hole it just slows the arrow down on penetration.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

They are called muzzy grasshoppers, go on the muzzy website and go to broadhead accessories..They do work well...Hope it helps..