Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Old 05-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 3 Official Thread!!!

I've been done for some time now. Go get 'em guys! Looks like team 1 is in the lead. BTW, there are lots of stickers left. Send me those SASEs.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

yeah... looks like team 1 really stacked 'em up...
We didn't do to shabby though...

Old 05-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

i got back from the cabin yesterday and hate to break the news, i missed 2 jakes. Since i was using a bow, i was gunna take anything i could get. sunday afternoon, a jake came in behind me and was behind all this brush. i tried calling him in but it didn't work. i then decided to get outta my Doghouse blind and jump a lil creek and set up close to where he was heading so i could ambush him. i get all set up and sure enough, here he comes. i draw back at full draw and he keeps coming closer and closer to me. now at this point i couldn't see a beard or spurs cause of the thick grass and weeds. he comes within 10 feet of me just looking at me wondering what i am. i arm is killing me cause i've been at full draw for 2 min or more. he soon walks away and starts crossing the bridge the way he headed. i let down. i decided i was gunna follow him and see if it was the jake just cause i wouldn't be guessing that night. i start a little run and see him dusting in the middle of the bridge. he gets up and looks at me when i see the little 3 inch beard and spurs. i pull back and get starts walking away. i send a gobbler guilotine at him and knick his left wing. he jumps up and starts running away. i try chasing after him but loose track of him.

Then when i got back to my cabin, i see another jake in out rye field we have. i quick get my bow and run along the pines that border the rye field. i get within 40 yds of where he is at and don't see him.i pop my head up a lil bit and see him. i continue to get closer and close until i'm30 yds away and behind a pine tree. he spotted me and starts getting suspicious. since i had my mouth call, i clucked a few times and he kept looking. i then started clucking more and started walking parrel from the tree and the turkey into a clear spot. i pull back on him and he's still looking at me. he turns around and is about to run when i release an arrow. he flys up and away. i try to chase after him and see where he lands but i signeled my dad to come and help me which was a mistake since i didn't know where he went. from where i shot, there was some bloody feathers and noticed that since he was at 30yds and my bow was sighted in at 20 yds. i got him in the butt[:@].

i even took my sisters black lab out in the pines where i last saw him to see if i could find him and nothing.

so boys, sorry that i didn't get one, maybe coulda got in first this year but o well. they were about 25-30 pound birds too

Old 05-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a fun time though... It happens sometimes...

Old 06-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry you didn't get one, sounds like you had fun though.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:51 AM

sorry guys i havnt been around just got back this weekend from New Brunswick went on a bear hunt with 2 of my friends both my friends tag out up there ,me it kind of went like my turkey season nothing but thats hunting, but had a awsome time any way,

Old 06-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear you didn't score jamie... too bad... how big were your friends bears? Got any pics?

Here is a pic of my buddy's last day MA Gobbler... he weighed 19# w/ 1" spurs & a 8.5" beard.

http://i8.tinypic.com/6by0rcx.jpg

Old 06-06-2007, 11:58 AM

NICE BIRD THERE WESTERN MA. LETS SEE IF I CAN POST SOME PICS

THIS ONE WAS CLOSE TO 6FT. MY FRIEND 2 NIGHT GOT GOING TO MAKE A RUG

Old 06-06-2007, 12:02 PM

HERES MY FRIEND JEFFS WAS 5FT 3IN GETTING A FULL MOUNT 1ST DAY 2 YEARS IN A ROW AROUND SAME TIME

Old 06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good looking bears... the full mount must cost some $$.
I have a rug and a 3/4 mount on my 2 big one's... Over $2100for them!

Quick Reply: Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.