Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!" >

Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Old 04-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Sounds like an exciting morning mauser06! I pretty much just sat around for 3 hours and listned to the crows lol. Im havin a hard time findin the birds this year. Maybe next week.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya...cant complain...definently a heart pounding hour or so...i still cant figure out why in the world they flew down to that swamp field when i had acorns and hay fields and plowed fields right beside me. cant figure that one out...i thought for sure i was goin home with one of them. when they double and triple gobble like they were ive never had one NOT come in...

my only guess is they thought they should have seen the hen and couldnt see her...i dont know...i wish i woulda realized that giant shrub was right behind the decoy...i never use a decoy except at that spot...next time im going 30 or 40yds back away from them into the woods...that way they gotta come lookin...

last opening day or the opening day before i had a couple gobblers in the same spot...they beelined it right down the edge of the field and was on my lap...

oh well...i should have dang near ALL of the second week to hunt...and thursday and saturday at school ill hunt...see how them birds act up there...if they are hot ill stay there tues and wed if not ill come home and chase these over grown farm chickens for the week...

good luck guys....

PS....that first gobble boiled my blood and my heart about stopped beating...i knew it would fire me up...im pretty pumped about chasin birds now lol...just wasnt too excited till about a day or 2 ago...
Old 04-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Shot one today on The PA Opener at 6:35. I heard him gobble at 6:10 and had him on the ground pretty quick. It was just a jake though with a 4in beard but it weighed 19.6lbs. Never seen a jake that big. But a jake is a throphy to me so now its time to call one in for the old man
Old 04-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

i went out today and heard one gobbling his head off it was getting light so i just pickeda spot and listend to him gobble and about 5 hens with him at about 100 yards. i was getting more responses than the actual hens and he started working his way. i had him gobble at 40 yards but he was just over the ridge and when i saw him clearly he was 70 yard and he was in half strut. he was 10 yards inside the wood line and didnt see the decoy i think and went back to the hens. there went my best chance he started clucking and i didnt have my call ready to let him no where i was. then at 10 oclock a hen ofcourse comes 15 yards from the blind i set up. and she was in a hurry so she didnt stay long then i saw a tom about 80 yards away and he wouldnt come closer. then on the was out i got like a little less than 10 yards from a hen on her nest and when she decided to go she flew out of there quick. any way it wasa great experiance and i saw a lot of wildlife.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

MAN im missin all the fun!lol it sounds like everyone heard some birds this mornin.

Congrats on your turkey ryan08rb! Sounds like a mighty big jake!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

pretty sure i am going out this weekend and if a jake comes in i will shoot it. hope are team gets a few more turkeys this week. this weekend is the last weekend in missouri so i better get it done. good luck to the rest of you.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:01 PM

I.took a jake Saturday morning.I called in three of the little fellows and filled my tag at about 20 yds.I have a wife and 2 sons hunting this spring so passing shots will not happen this year.
My oldest took a nice double beard 3 year old on Sunday.I had the pleasure of being behind the calls and being a part of it! I don't get to hunt with him much these days.Truth told he is a better turkey hunter than me,but I got to tell him that he owes me another bird after that hunt!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats half rack, looks like a nice bird!

Im headed out tomorrow and if i dont do any good, then ill be headed up to my camp on saturday to hunt. I havnt heard a bird yet and ive been huntin the past two weeks![:'(]

Good luck to all that are hunting this weekend!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Ever had a big gobbler come in totally silent and then spit and drum about 10 yards behind you when you had no clue he was even there. Thats exactly what happened to me yesterday. Luckily Ihad two hens in my decoys and was being very still otherwise I probably wouldn't have even known he was there.

The morning started out great as I heard the same (probably) 5 toms as I had the other day gobbling on the roost.I was going back and forth with some of the hens, who were not to happy with me trying to steal their men. I could hear them flying down inside the woods as I was set up just outside of it in afield where I had found a lot of good sign.There was almost constant yelps or gobbles for an hour after the birds flew down, by far one of the best mornings ever in the turkey woods for me.

Well after the spitting and drumming that seems to resonate in your chest like a huge drum I can hear the tom walking towards me (10 feet). I still can't see him and I'm afraid if I move the hens will bust me and the jig would be up. So all of a sudden the tom takes off runnning at my decoys, which I had a jake mounting a hen and another hen next to them, and once he got to the decoys he realized something was not right.He made it about another 5 feet. He was a dandy bird 68.25 is the final score. I'll try to post a picture later this week. My wife took the pictures and they are not very good. Congratulations to everyelse who has been fortunate enough to take a bird as well. Troy
Old 05-02-2007, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

congrats BGHUNTER00 sounds like a awesome hunt and a great bird as well and contrats to you to half rackit sounds like our team is doing pretty good.

Quick Reply: Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.