Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!" >

Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Old 04-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Sit still in the early am, and then use your gut to run around after him, dont move too early though, he may try the sneak approach
Old 04-21-2007, 03:22 AM
Typical Buck

Well todays the day for me! PA's youth spring gobbler opener. Bright(stillpitch black)and early and I cant wait to get out there and hear some birds gobblin. Good luck to any one else headed out today!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:55 AM

well I got a real nice turkey Friday,,I'll post pics and stat's soon.

P.S. one question on the scoreing my bird hads two beards one 9" and one 9.5" Do I add them together or what?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OkieArcher

P.S. one question on the scoreing my bird hads two beards one 9" and one 9.5" Do I add them together or what?
Sure do!! Congrats!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OkieArcher

Congrats! Cant wait to see the pix and hear the story!

My morning hunt on Saturday was unsuccessful. I was in the woods 1/2 hour before sunrise, and right at daybreak, I heard a grouse drumming off in the distance. It sounded like someone trying to start a lawn mower over and over again lol. Then at 7:30, 7 deer came through 40 yards in front of me. Other than the mole that kept rustling around in the leaves at the bottom of my feet, and thenumerous hawks/geese that were flying over, I didnt see any other wildlife, or hear any turkeys. Im not sure if they were just not very vocal, or not in the area. After 3 hours of not seeing anything, I drove to another location. I saw 7 turkeys (at least two of them were toms) in some fields on the way there, But once I got there, I had the same results as before. Better luck next week...

How'd everyone else do over the weekend?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:12 AM

me and my dad went out and set up our blind behind the old soccer fields. we called in 2 toms but they were too far and in a decent amount of cover. i think we would have done better but we were set up next to the schuylkill river so i think they were scared of how nasty the river is

good luck to the rest of y'all this season
Old 04-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

whent out saturday and right off the roost 3 birds fly down i thought they where hens but when they got closer they where all jakes they came into the decoys and one was 5 yards away and the others where 10 i didnt shoot because i didnt have my bow and i will only shoot a jake with a bow inless its the last day. the cool thing about them is there wings were golden color and not white.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like the team is beginning to have some success. My season opens in the morning. Sounds like I'll be wearing my rain gear, as we may get up to 3" of rain tomorrow!! Oh well can't miss opening day, Maybe I'll take along my blind. Troy
Old 04-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Checking in guys, I have those two KS birds so far, didn't score in NC but had a fantastic time. This Saturday is PA's opener and hopefully I'll connect on at least one bird, I have two tags. At least I have the KS birds to fall back on....good luck team.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

okie...that sounds like an awesome bird!! congrats!!!

i cant wait for saturday....its the opener finally..weather looks kinda sketchy right now...looks like a wash out the rest of the week but less and less towards the weekend..hopefully the birds are on fire and i can put one down...

im heading to a TINY strip of woods..the birds are either there or they are nowhere around...very wierd...hit or miss. i got permission on a portion of it...they head towards the posters at fly down and follow a tree line on the edge of a field and head to the finger of woods and another field...WHEN they are there...hopefully they are...i hear they been in there ALOT lately...and the dump across the road is expanding and ruined alot of their habitat...so im banking on them being in my treeline and setting against the posted finger...when they are there its a text book hunt...

if they arent there im running to the truck and hitting another undecided spot...i wont decide that till i see what happens...thatll be a quick hunt hit or miss anyways...i need a second spot..the birds dont hang around and dont come back till evening..got lots of options but dont know where i wanna go...pressure will be on everywhere else...

all i need is for them to be in that tree line and do what they always do and ill be carryin a bird across the field!! then it looks like i got the whole second week to hunt minus 1, maybe 2 days tops...i got most my finals out of the way except ONE! but its monday morning i believe..so i should be home monday evening and hunting tues-sat..well, camp saturday...cant wait...

after the second week im only going to have 2 saturdays to hunt and the season will be over...i start a landscaping job..mon-fri 730am start....by the time i drive out there i wont even have time for a quickie hunt..

Quick Reply: Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.