Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!" >

Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Old 04-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

I got two this weekend I'll post pics and stat's soon.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats big papa PA' sjunior day is this saturday but i have prom and idk if i will be out or not but next saturday afte rthat is the opener and i no where my turkeys are lets win this contest boys
Old 04-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Finally! After a cold, wet, rainyweekend, with no luck, I put a gobbler on the ground this afternoon.A very nice two year old with a9in beard, 1in spurs, 21lbs- for a score of 59. I still have one bird to go, so hopefully with some luck I will feel that tag too.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:36 AM

good job i'm still waiting for my season to start
Old 04-17-2007, 06:31 AM

Way to go guys.Starting to get things going now!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

man i left for a few days and came back and we have 4 birds on the ground awesome guys.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

awesome guys!! congrats...

when you guys have final scores PM them to me telling me your on team 6 and thats the bird you want entered and ill save them and also PM them to deerdust...

i got a little over a week to start hunting...getting semi excited...for some reason im not as fired up over it as i used to get...i cant figure out why...that first gobble on opening day will fire me up for sure!! cant wait...
Old 04-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

guys the birds where i hunt havent really been gobbling off the roost but when there on the roost there gobbling there heads off how should i hunt them?
Old 04-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

I suggest to try and locate a gobbler on the roost the evening before, try to pin point his location before he stops gobbling for the night (I don't mean to run through the woods, trying to find what tree he is in, just try to pin point which group of trees he is in). Then get up a littler earlier the next morning and try to sneak in as tight as you can without spooking him (try for about 100yds of were you think he is), set up and wait. Do not begin calling until he begins gobbling, then call softly and see what he does and go with your gut from this point. If you have been hammering him with calls the past few mornings, call less, if a hen begins calling, mimick her and call everytime she does, maybe if you can not get the tom to come to you, thenyou might get lucky and aggrevate the hen enough that she may come and check out your calls, hopfully bring the ol' tom with her (remember to shoot the puffy one). I hope this helps a little, just remember to change it up a little, approach the tom for different angles and use different set-ups on him each day and hopefully one of those days it will all come together.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

would you set a blind up or run in gun. i was thinking set up a blind on the feeding area and run and gun off the roost.

Quick Reply: Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.