Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 9 -- "Gobbler Getters" >

Team 9 -- "Gobbler Getters"

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 9 -- "Gobbler Getters"

Old 03-19-2007, 09:43 AM

Default RE: Team 9

Old 03-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Great picts Buckfever! Kind of tough for me to look at though.I look out my window up here and I see snow and snow banks.Kind of a bummer.No such thing as green yet but our birds should start to gobble pretty quick.Suppose to get up to around 50 this weekend and that should trigger some activity.
Hope that bird is willing to work for on your opener.We need some one to get us started!
I have emailed all our missing members and hope to get a response from all of them within a few days.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:34 PM

just checking in...ill be hunting in my home state of michigan, also going to kentucky for a hunt..good luck to all.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys,took the wife and kids,and I went to Osceola county this weekend to 3 lakes wma.There was a ton of people.I had a good friend take me into his spot and turn me loose.(I told him he let the fox into the chicken house..lol)First day I had a close encounter,and also encountered 11 hunters.Man it was crazy...people set up every 200yds.2nd day I wanted to take any bearded bird.I saw one at 8am,he had not responded to my callin(maybe it was the 40mph winds)so I went into stealth mode.Anyways 15 minutes later I got my first ever osceola.

Opening day is saturday here in ga.I'm gonna help my friend who is an army ranger get his first bird if I can.He is going over seas in a few weeks.Don't worry about me I'll get a mature bird.

I saw some birds struttin' on pay to hunt land down there.The sheriff had his 4x4 hid in the bushes just down the road from them.Here's a few pics from my trip.Check out all the campers in the background.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Good to see that you got your first Osceola. Not sure I could put up with all the people you had to though.Unreal the number of campers there!
It is a little quite here on our thread guys.How but a little chatter!
I'm going out tomrrow am. to do a little early scouting for up here in Mn.The weather is starting to warm up and I want to see if the birds have started to gobble yet at all aroundwhere I live.I'm on the northern edge of our turkey population in Mn. 10 years ago we didn't have any wild turkeys around here.
Turkeys were planted about 20 miles south of me 10 years ago and we had our first turkey season up by me 5 years ago.I hunted it but didn't get one.Here in Mn we have to apply for tags and can only hunt for 5 consecutive days.Can make it a little tough!
This year I got in a local turkey stocking threw my NWTF club.They were planted about 6 miles northof my place. We let 15 hens and 3 gobblers go. Hopefully they take hold and we will have a season around my place 5 years from now or so.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 PM

Sorry I havn't been on lately. I have been busy with baseball. Saturday I am going to set out my trail cam hopefully and start seeing what these Indiana birds look like.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Want to wish Dog1,Buckfever1613,ranchhand99, and anybody else who will be hunting in Georgia this coming weekend,the best of Luck. May all your birds be "limbhangers"!!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 9 -- "Gobbler Getters"

Alright Gobbler Getters, one of team 5s' members is gonna get a lesson in humility and hunting prowess next week. JW! is on team 5 and will be down here in Georgia next week hunting with me. Y'all hang in there now, ole boy from Wisconsin got a lesson coming.

dog1
Old 03-23-2007, 11:57 AM

I want to also say good luck to everyone hunting tomorrow. Kill a big Tom for us to get our team going in the right direction.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

hey everybody just checkin in been seeing birds around were i live but not exactly were i hunt yet but i dont no im hopeing they will show up soon hunting season isnt intill may so i got a while but im ready for it

Quick Reply: Team 9 -- "Gobbler Getters"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.