Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 4 "Thunder Chickens" >

Team 4 "Thunder Chickens"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 4 "Thunder Chickens"

Old 04-04-2007, 06:36 PM

Default RE: Team 4 "Thunder Chickens"

those some beautiful birds there R33H... Im going out again in the morning... dony you just love the feeling of going turkey hunting before school.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I talk to the guy we are hunting with last night and it looks promising for the season. He has been seeing alot of birds,hopefully this cold snap slows the foliage a little so that we can see them. Good luck to those who are currently out!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never did post my scores on my birds...I guess I need to give it to our team captain (YooperMike) ?? If so, YooperMike, bird #1 scored 63.25 and bird #2 scored 63. These scores were calculated using the NWTF calculator which was stated in the rules of the competition.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks r. I'll take the appropriate measure. Congrats again on the birds!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:16 AM

Starting to see the birds pretty regularly behind the house now.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am in St. Louis currently and the house we are at has birds coming in to the back yard. I called to them this morning and got a ton of responses, despite the howling winds. I had two jakes come in, but the spotted me right way since I was without a face mask. Still a ton of fun though. I also got some more calls today at BPS and a 3-pack of decoys. They are foam flex one, pretty nice for $19.99 Tomorrow morning I'm going to deploy the full arsenal, decoys, new calls, full camo. I really want to see the gobblers that were answering me today. One reallly had a nice loud wobbly gobble, should be a real dandy. Good luck to you guys that are out currently. Apr. 20 is fast approaching for me!
Old 04-06-2007, 04:17 PM

No man, you NEVER call before the season.[:@]
Old 04-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went to put out my trail cam today and what a good time. I get deep into the woods and about to the lake, I hunt right on the edge of Lake Michigan, all of a sudden I here an crash and turn around to see about 20 white flags all in the air. I had my camera with so I tryed stopping the deer, "baaaa! baaaaa!", when I hear more stuff behind me, hear theres 4 BIG toms running around, 9" plus beards. I hunker down and watch the show. They start chasing each other around and kept putting until I see them fade into the sun. So I go and put the camera up, turn around and theres another tom standing there! He saw me move a ran off. God I love being in the woods, and I still got till May 16! Ahhhhhh, this is driving me crazy to see these things all fired up, I thinkI can't go back to woods till May or Imight go insane.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 PM

GOT MY BIRD!

St. Johns County, FL. Will have scores and pics and story when I get back to LA. Just letting yall know.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Pike!

Quick Reply: Team 4 "Thunder Chickens"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.