Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 4 "Thunder Chickens" >

Team 4 "Thunder Chickens"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 4 "Thunder Chickens"

Old 03-31-2007, 12:26 PM

Default RE: Team 4 "Thunder Chickens"

Hey Guys,
I am new to the team. The season does not start until april 26 for us in PA. I went out today and was trying out my new mossberg 535. It feels really good. I am going to get out a few more times before the season starts. I saw lots of turkey prints so I know that they are in there. Good luck to those who have started.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:38 PM

It's April 28th in PA, that was probably just a typo but just incase, I figured I'd let you know.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:02 PM

I have the .835 tact. turkey. hopefully i can pull the trigger tom. this rain needs to stop though.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any birds yet???? I can't wait to get out!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I talked to the guy we are hunting with this morning and things look good! Lots of gobbling and bird sightings, sohopefully I can get one! I'm so excited!
Old 04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD NEWS!!!!

I went out and got two gobblers....in one shot!

I went out Saturday evening and completely forgot my call bag that I use (too excited about hunting). So I just sat the decoys up and watched over them and saw nothing that day. I was very disappointed. Went out the next day, Sunday, and I called in three hens and three gobblers from about 200 yards away. One gobbler came in by himself, but out-smarted me (that may be why he has a beard dragging the ground). He took off and joined up with the other two gobblers and three hens. I continued to call and got them to come over, but the "smart" gobbler wouldn't come any closer than 70 or 80 yards and eventually went off another direction. However the other two gobblers and 3 hens kept on comming and came within about 30 yards. One of the two gobblers had a really messed up fan, so I wasn't very interested in him. The "messed up" gobbler kept getting in the way of the one I was after, and when I had a chance to shoot the one that I wanted, I guess the pattern was just wide enough and got him as well.

When talking to the taxidermist, he thought that a preditor may have been chasing the "messed up" gobbler and bit-down on his fan but the gobbler was able to get away. He only had about 6 tail fan feathers (this was no jake)! The "meesed up" one was actually a bigger bird than the one that I am getting a fan mount of.

Stats:
Gobbler getting mounted: 1 1/4" and 1 1/8" spurs with a 8 3/4" beard weighing in at 22 lbs
"Messed up gobbler": 1" and 1" spurs with a 10" beard weighing in at 23 lbs

I will post pics later when I get them on off my camera and on my compter.

THUNDER CHICKENS ARE ON THE BOARD!
Old 04-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

That's just awesome r33h, great job.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Allright Rob! Thats what I'm talking about! Were off to a good start. Lets keep laying em' down!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:49 PM

going out in the morning got them roosted just hopefully the plan falls together???? {Fingers Crossed}
Old 04-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: r33h

GOOD NEWS!!!!

I went out and got two gobblers....in one shot!

I went out Saturday evening and completely forgot my call bag that I use (too excited about hunting). So I just sat the decoys up and watched over them and saw nothing that day. I was very disappointed. Went out the next day, Sunday, and I called in three hens and three gobblers from about 200 yards away. One gobbler came in by himself, but out-smarted me (that may be why he has a beard dragging the ground). He took off and joined up with the other two gobblers and three hens. I continued to call and got them to come over, but the "smart" gobbler wouldn't come any closer than 70 or 80 yards and eventually went off another direction. However the other two gobblers and 3 hens kept on comming and came within about 30 yards. One of the two gobblers had a really messed up fan, so I wasn't very interested in him. The "messed up" gobbler kept getting in the way of the one I was after, and when I had a chance to shoot the one that I wanted, I guess the pattern was just wide enough and got him as well.

When talking to the taxidermist, he thought that a preditor may have been chasing the "messed up" gobbler and bit-down on his fan but the gobbler was able to get away. He only had about 6 tail fan feathers (this was no jake)! The "meesed up" one was actually a bigger bird than the one that I am getting a fan mount of.

Stats:
Gobbler getting mounted: 1 1/4" and 1 1/8" spurs with a 8 3/4" beard weighing in at 22 lbs
"Messed up gobbler": 1" and 1" spurs with a 10" beard weighing in at 23 lbs

I will post pics later when I get them on off my camera and on my compter.

THUNDER CHICKENS ARE ON THE BOARD!
Picture #1

Quick Reply: Team 4 "Thunder Chickens"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.