Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Old 04-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Kmarts congrats! Well fellas made my way out this morning for the first hunt of the 07 season and I have seen better days. I got in there and set up by 6 and about 620 heard to gobbles about 100-150 yards away across the creek on the ridge. I stayed put hoping they would fly down to my side but never did. I never heard a thing after that and I moved around some but nothing was going on. I will be back out in the morning and I hope things improve. I am going to post another post on this forum perhaps you should take a look and see if you can offer me any suggestions. The title will be Plowed Fields......
Old 04-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats kmarts We are so dominating this competition WOOOO
Old 04-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Well Ladies and Germs my season is pretty much over. I only had 6 days that I could hunt this year and I hunted them, hard. I had a big tom locked up on opening day only to have him scared off by another hunter. On opening day I saw about 20 different turkeys, I didn't see but about 5 total for the rest of my season. This was a tough year, the turkeys were holding tight in the thick stuff.

Anyway, I did manage to score a youngster on my last day that scored 34 (14lbs, 5in beard, 1/2in spurs)points for the team and some turkey jerky for the summer.

I hope you guys have better luck than me.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

kmartz and Digi .... congrats to both of you! Digi, you have nothing to be ashamed about..... be proud of that bird ...
Old 04-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you guys have better luck than me.
are trying to tell me that you are downplaying a jake?! Man if you have hunted turkeys for any amount of time you should know that any turkey is a GREAT turkey! Besides if I dont get another bird I got you beat on the low score with a 25 for a bearded hen!!!!! So there! you should feel bad for me! lol Congrats to all that have got one! Keep it up guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:29 PM

I'll be heading out this weekend. I've finally caught up to the monster tom I've been watching for about 2 years. I guess' tamate hes in the 20+ lb mark, at least 10" beard. Seeing how it drags on the ground, and about .75" spurs. could be a little bigger. Going by video and trail cam pics. I'll be taking my bow. also the 3.5" Ultra Mag. incase he wont come closer than 30 yds. I'll keep ya's posted. And hopefully some pics.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:03 PM

Here are the pics and the story. I heard two birds go to roost Tuesdayevening.My good friend (Dave) and I went after them on Wednesday morning. They started gobbling at about 5:45. We stratigized and set up shortly there after. Dave called and I set about 40 yards in front of him.These two guys gobbled like crazy atcrows, yelps, cackles, purrs, everything but a sneeze. I saw one fly down about 6:05. Once on the ground they still gobbled like crazy. They cameto about 75 yards from me and hung up. Daveknows his stuffand coupled with their urge and his calling they came a little bit at a time. 15 yards, stand around and gobble, 15 yards, stand around and gobble. The one guy couldn't stand it and slowly workedhis way toward Dave. At thirty to thirty-five yards I let him have it and he folded on the spot. The other guy was leavingand froze at the shot. Davecalled some to him but he just walked away. It was an exciting half an hour. I had to leave for school, I teach, but Dave struck out for one we heard fartheraway and ended up killing one too.

18 lbs, 10" beard, and 5/8" & 6/8" spurs.

Notice the busted tail. He must have done a lot of breeding. I am guessing that is why he came in and the other didn't.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice birds Kmartz......if I come empty handed this morning perhaps you should teach me Hopefully today will be better than yesterday~
Old 04-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats you two on your birds......getting a youngin a bird has to be just as good or not better than getting yourself one.....
Old 04-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys

I'm not ashamed of that bird. Heck, I consider myself fortunate to get to turkey hunt at all. When I was a kid I never saw any turkeys, they just weren't around. So these days I am a lucky boy.

If I sounded dissappointed with the outcome it is just because none of my plans worked out. Those turkeys took me to school this year. Oh well, I guess the education they provided is better than any trophy bird. I am definately a better turkey hunter now than I was at the beginning of the season.

Good luck and be safe.

Quick Reply: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.