Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Old 04-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Came close this afternoon. Got into the blind at 4pm and called a hen down the firebreak not 10 minutes after I got set-up. I was feeling pretty good about my chances already. An hour went by without seeing/hearing a bird. I scratched a little more on my glass call and looked up to see a pair of coyotes criss-crossing the clearing about 80 yards up the hill. They stuck around for 15 minutes and the horses proceeded to run them off right infront of my set-up making a less than peaceful moment. I decided this wasnt going to work, so I threw my dekes in the blind and made my way to higher ground and try a natural blind set I made a couple years back. I got settled in and made some calls and had another hen walk across the field at 100yds. I got my bow ready, just in case...10 minutes crept by. I figured nothin doin, so I twisted my body to the left to set my bow back on its hanger. 60 yards a vertical line of red was sticking out of the grass looking at me. It was game over right there and I knew it. I just stayed still and he walked off into the woods. He never made a sound. I waited for another 30 minutes but was so frustrated with myself that I just decided to head back and pout about it to you guys. Weather still looks good for this weekend so hopefully a very dumb bird will make a mistake soon...
Old 04-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to say other than...........IT WILL SOOOOOOOOOOOOON BE ON! Going out Saturday morning with my nephew but we will be just observing my buddies 15 year old friend. I will be taking off of work thursday thru sunday and I will take one down for the team. GOOD LUCK to all and I will fill you in!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will let you all know when I score. Not if, but when.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Fork Horn

Back to front page!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bearded hen taken with the Gobbler Guillotine! Ill post score later since I'll go after a tom in a couple weeks. We are so gonna win this thing!!!!!!WWWOOOOOOOOTTTTT oh yeah this is also my first bird with a bow!

Old 04-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go Buck
First bird with a bow and a bearded hen to boot , you must be proud.
As of right now our team is in the lead with the most entrys and the heavyest bird thanks to yankeehunter.
Congrats again on your first bearded hen , surely a torphy in anybodys book.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

Buck, thats a great bird anytime, but especially being your first with a bow! Way to keep us at the top!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

Well, its been a little of a slow start for me this year! I have been out three times with no luck yet! Well, I say no luck but really its been no luck for me! I went out this morning for a short time cause my son had a t-ball game at 9 am and I'm not going to miss that for anything! Anyway, I went out and wouldn't you know that the one tom I set up on would have 4 hens roosted right with him and on flydown he would have nothing to do with me! I tried to call in the hens but they only showed a little interest.
I went out opening morning with a friend and ended up calling in a big one for him. He was 25 pounds, 10 3/4 inch beard, 3/4 inch right spur, and 1 inch left spur. Man that would have gone good for our team! Unfortunately I had to go to work right after he got his, so my opening day was done! I am going out Monday and hopefully it will be my turn!!! Until then, Good Luck and Safe Hunting!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BuckRogers

Bearded hen taken with the Gobbler Guillotine! Ill post score later since I'll go after a tom in a couple weeks. We are so gonna win this thing!!!!!!WWWOOOOOOOOTTTTT oh yeah this is also my first bird with a bow!

Tyson, Great bird! Congrats ... I can't wait to hear the story!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tomorow morn, its on.

Quick Reply: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.