Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Old 04-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

24/7 and Mossyoak, Welcome to the team!!! I know with your help, we will win this thing! As far as anyone else who is going out this weekend "GOOD LUCK and SAFE HUNTING!!!!!!" I am going out this Saturday and with a little help from above, I will score a great bird! I just can't seem to decide whether to take my first with gun or bow. I would really like to take all my birds this year with my bow, but then again maybe I should get the first one out of the way with my gun. Last year I said the same thing and ended up taking my first with my gun... which just happened to be my biggest bird ever. And according to the NWTF, would have ranked in the top 25 all-time for the entire country if it was taken with a bow! It would also have been the #1 bird all-time for the state of Virginia! Go Figure! Those figures are for a eastern typical taken with a bow according to the NWTF website. And that same bird just happened to strut in front of me at less than 10 yards! It would have been an easy shot! I guess you just never know til you get there! LOL! I think I just decided for myself! Well good luck to everyone!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 AM

anyone seeing birds? when's everyones season come in?
Old 04-13-2007, 07:24 AM

I have been watching a few, figuring out how to set up on them to kill them with a bow. The season comes in on April 25 here.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 AM

Whitetaildave, I'm from Indiana too....You hunting private or public land? Where you from? I've got one private property up here @ Purdue on the Wabash bottoms that I've been watching a lot of birds on...Me and the buddies are still wanting to go down to Hoosier National and do some camping and hunting though....
Old 04-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Well, tomorrow is the big day and it looks like it is going to be a good day in the woods! The temps are suppose to be around 55 to 60 degrees with no rain. I have decided to forgo my gun and try to start the year off right with my bow. I have been seeing quite a few birds the past two weeks and with any luck, I will see (shoot) one of them big boys tomorrow! To everyone else that is going out tomorrow "Good Luck and Safe Hunting!!!"
Old 04-13-2007, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: MossyOak722

Whitetaildave, I'm from Indiana too....You hunting private or public land? Where you from? I've got one private property up here @ Purdue on the Wabash bottoms that I've been watching a lot of birds on...Me and the buddies are still wanting to go down to Hoosier National and do some camping and hunting though....
I am from Nineveh, which is in south central Indiana. I am right on the border of Brown and Johnson counties. I do some of my hunting on private and some on public. The public is on Camp Atterbury and also in Yellowwood down in southern Brown county. The private land I hunt is in Sullivan County on the Wabash River. I killed my first turkey ever down in Hoosier National near Tell City on the Ohio River. There is a lot of birds in Hoosier national and plenty of room to roam as well. Good luck to ya. I just wish it would hurry up and get here. I have the first 5 days of the season to hunt and then the weekends after that. I am going after them with a bow, so it will be more of a challenge this year.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

to the new guys on thus team you have a bouncer in precher tony aka the preach i know trust me i got bounced LOL

so preach any birds you been seein
Yeah Oneshot .... I've been seeing them ..... I am totally confident I will drop a tom .... I won't be able to get out until May 5th (our season doesn't open until May 1st) Here is a pic of a good flock I just saw yesterday ..... Look closely .... there are some nice toms on the right ....

Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

here's a closer one ... see the toms?

Old 04-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did everything perfect this morning and still came up with only feathers...The weather was aweful, rain and winds were beating on my ground blind the whole morning. I didnt hear a single gobble, but at 9:30 my patience seemed to be paying off when a nice 3 year old caught sight of my decoys and made his way towards my setup. I got situated for the shot as he kept closing the distance. 50 yd, 40 yd, 30, 20, I stayed patient as the bird broke 15 yards and started to get suspicious. I drew back when the bird was broadside, settled my top pin and center punched him. A clean pass-thru with a 2in. Rocket expandable via a Easton axis sent feathers all over. The bird popped up and ran for cover. I gave him 30 minutes to die and picked up my red arrow. Without a blood trail I knew I would have to cover ground and look hard for this bird. I criss crossed the 15 acre section he disapeared into for 4 hours. Looked under ever log, hole, and looked up every tree. I enlisted the help of 2 of my buddys, same result. Nothing. 3 guys looking for 6 hours and we could find anything. Im gona try the same spot tomorow with the 1187 and look for buzzards. First bird Ive lost and Im completey sick with myself. Put in a ton of work and this happens.,.[:'(]Im gona go back to the shotgun until I get some confidence back..
Old 04-14-2007, 09:46 PM

sup fella's !! getting ready to bring the beards down!!!! Anyone have any luck yet. I got a week yet till the season of death begins!!!

Quick Reply: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.