Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Old 05-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 8 check in!

Did everyone see the scores I posted in this thread ? if not , look back to page six 05 / 04 / 07 it's in response to Tee Jays reply.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Filled my 2nd KY tag yesterday evenning at 7pm. Hes bigger than my 1st with 1.5in spurs and 11 inch beard. I will get pictures up tomorow.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

woohoo.........
Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 AM

Here is #2. A jake Tuesday morning at 6:20. He hit the ground and came right in. 14 lbs, 3 1/8" beard, and 1/4 " spurs. He won't help the team, but I sure am proud. My season is over so I will watch how everyone else's season goes. Good luck fellow Snoodlers, I am rooting for you all.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Here ya go guys 2nd bird from NY,My season in NY is over got my second nice tom this AM at around 7:00AM...no not one of the ground hog day gang, only one bird roosted in that spot this AM and he was in the same tree. And go figure he was 100 yds from me and flew down the other direction, and nope I didn't call just watched and listen as gobblers lit up across from me and down by the river. The ground hog day bird cut across a large field of corn stubble to get to his boisterous buddies. Made a move to my bike to get to the other side of the river (yes there is a bridge) because I had a feeling a gobbler roosting near the river was coming down and crossing into a field on the other side. As I got near the bridge in the opposite direction from where I was going to head I heard a faint gobble, I stopped and listened and a minute or two later I heard it again. So over the river I went and rode in the direction of the gobble. I came to a field and eased off my bike and started to glass the area. I then see a bird about 125 yards from the rivers edge out in the field, it was a tom strutting and putting on a show for 3 hens close to the tree line along the river. I slipped away behind some foliage and got out of sight. I ditched the bike and started working my way in a semi circle keeping terrain between myself and the bird. I took a peek on a knoll and saw him working towards my way. I backed down the knoll and flanked a bit further and crept closer. I now belly crawled up another knoll and as I made my way towards the field all of the rustling leaves and twigs gets him gobbl'in and walking right to me. I approach as close as I can And find a steep creek drainage is between me and the field edge so I can go no further. He continues to strut and I am laying on my belly so I just start to move my feet around behind me to rustle some more brush and leaves, he gobbles again and walks right to me. It was about 50 yds to the other side and I only had one clear opening to shoot thru and he waltzed right into it. I held on his head and down he went and rolled right into the drainage without a wiggle. Had my 835 again with Federal 3 1/2" #5's stardot choke. Bird weighted in at 20lbs 3ozs, 7/8" spurs and 9 1/2" beard. Now I hope to get my 13 yr. old nephew a bird so all of the fun isn't over yet! Score 56.6875
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Well my fellow Snoodlers , my hunt starts this coming Monday the 14th and after hunting with BullRider115 last Tuesday I'm geeked up.
I just hope everything will fall into place and I'll have one of those ( off color phase birds ) that I've told you guys about.
I'm planing on being out everyday rain or shine untill I get one and I'll take plenty of pictures to post for you to see.
I'll P M the rest of the team that haven't scored yet to find out if they had any luck and ask them to gives us an up - date so wish me luck.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck RD! I will be in southern Indiana this weekend trying to fill my IN tag. Im not sure If I can top the 2 I already got though. Good luck everyone, lets finish strong!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

good luck meatloaf
Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good news everyone our teams score card has been updated with all the entrys I sent in to Pat and deerdust.
As of right now we have more entrys than any other team and yankeehunter still holds the top position for the biggest bird.
So far our team grand total score is 804.5 and thats really good , I guess Tee Jay was right on his prediction.
On a side note , one of our team mates is celabrating his birthday today , with that said I would like to extend happy birthday greetings to Cougars09.
Well I gotta go for now and shoot some arrows at my local 3D range for the league I'm on , so I'll check back with you all later.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet!

Quick Reply: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.