Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT" >

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 PM

Default RE: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Howdy guys, i just got added today...... lets kill some gobblers!!!!!!!
oh ya when does everyone's season start mine is May1-31
Old 03-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

Troutman, I believe the best broadheads to shoot are large cutting Dia. Mechanicals for body shots and Gobbler Guiotenes if you are going for the head. Also I like to crank my bow down also. Angus, I think Arjuna is our only hope right now. I will be hunting on April 7
Old 03-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome aboard thesleepgt you must live in New York with that late start I could never wait that long. Good Luck this spring
Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Welcome thesleepgt, Where you hunting at this spring? Im in MO and get to chase em April 16-May 6.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 PM

Ya for the first 10 days ill be hunting in upstate NY where i goto college then I go back home to Just south of Rochester where the gobblers get 21lbs. on avg. Sucks though that we have a later season May1-31 but oh well. Good luck every1 and lets win this contest and show what turkey hunting is all about.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:07 PM

Welcome to the team thesleepergt. Good luck this season.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Troutman,
I hunt turkeys with a bow. My first two birds were bow kills. I now do both, depending on the terrain, time, and mood. When I bowhunt I turn my bow down a few pounds and use a mechanical head. My advice would be to practice those close shots too. I once shot a turkey at 6 yards. I hit him a little high because I hadn't practiced inside 10 yards. Everynow and then you'll get that bird that comes in close. I prefer to bowhunt turkeys in big timber areas or set up on a field edge. A turkey with a bow is a great prize. It is worth it. Good luck.

Thanks for all the support from the rest of you "Thunderstrutters."
Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 AM

HI all,
Finnally have time to check in. Been seeing alot of strutting going on already. My season will be staring on April 18 here in Wisconsin. I have one more ice fishing trip to do this weekend before I can get out and start scouting. Good luck to all.

Littleharry
Old 03-23-2007, 02:30 PM

Hey littleharry, welcome to the team...Still ice fishing? You must be up there pretty far north.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:15 AM

Well my puppy woke me up this morning at 6:45 to go outside and I had to take a call with me. A few yelps and I heard a few birds gobbling on the roost. It's got me fired up pretty good. I wish I could hunt near my house but I can't[:@] Only 3 more weeks here though. I'm ready.

Quick Reply: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.