Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 10 "Huntin Buddies" >

Team 10 "Huntin Buddies"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 10 "Huntin Buddies"

Old 03-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 10 Check in.

I hear ya Dan. I get off just in time to get to the woods and listen to the birds. They have been tearing it up this last week. Every day I go out the fever gets worse. I better just start going home after work.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to TEmbry and Deeg on their birds. I've got to wait until April 23 to start going here in Ohio but hopefully me and my buddy will make the trip back to Tennessee in a couple weeks. It's driving me crazy not being able to go yet.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt in SE MN, just south of rochester. it is a really good area and produces plenty of birds.
We have a one bird limit and a five day season, so i am not as lucky as a lot of other guys. I will be heading down the first weekend in may, getting pretty pumped. I was actually pretty lucky even to get drawn because in the past it seems like it was on an every-other-year rotation, and i scored a nice bird last year. Hopefully i will get to take one with my bow this year.

good luck to all
Old 04-01-2007, 10:19 PM

Hello teammates! Just got back from Tennessee and let me say what a weekend of terrible weather. Fortunately, I did locate a couple of turkeys on the first day, but didn't seal the deal. Too many hunters, and not enough ground for a kill. I was hunting north of Nashville and there were may turkeys in the area. I'm planning on going back this upcoming weekend and hoping for a kill. After Tennessee I'm off to Kansas and then North and South Dakota. Hoping to conclude my season with a slam. I'll be back in Ohio for the youth season and then Ohio's opener. Hope everyone is having a great season and I'll be back on tomorrow. Good luck to all and welcome to the team Travis.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I expect to post a kill or two by Wednesday!
Well I'm going to post a kill, but not mine! My Dad got a nice 2 year old. 20 pounds, 11 inch beard,and 3/4 inch spurs. He was a real rock-star, gobbling his head off that morning, Dad shot him at 10:00 am. The best part was that Dad had my cousin's daughter with him, and she got to see it all! She was so excited. They were in a pop-up tent. I got skunked, again. Saw two good toms with no chance of shooting one. I did pop-off at the second one I saw, he was 60 yards out, I missed. Another report soon! I'll be in Georgia this weekend, and next weekendin Alabama.
Trae

Old 04-05-2007, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautifull bird there goose, sounds like your in the right spot. Hows everyone else making out? Im still slowly passing the time till the 16th before i can get out there.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to your Dad Goose, and pat him on the back for takeing a kid hunting.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:01 PM

Congrats to daddy goose and the kill.

I'm leaving for Kansas tomorrow, but will probably stop in Tennessee on the way and hunt a base. It's going to be rather chilly, so hopefully those hens will stay on the nest and not seek out those gobblers. I'll be hunting in Kansas starting the 9th with a bow and then will be off to North Dakota that weekend. I'm excited and ready to put some turks to sleep. I'll keep everyone updated if internet as available. Keep everyone updated with turks killed and we'll touch base at the end of the week. Take care, be safe, and God bless.

David
Old 04-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Just wanted to welcome the new members to the team. Good luck and hunt safe to everyone...
Old 04-08-2007, 03:48 PM

went with a friend on his youth hunt, and it is COLD. he ended up missing a jake, and not pulling the trigger on a 50 yd tom, but it was still really fun. i figured the cold weather would slow em down, but they were still strutting and gobblin like crazy. oncespring starts i dont think you can stop them gobblers from mating, regardless of weather.

i dont get to go till saturday, but atleast ill be able to pass time until then on the beach in gulf shores. probably wont sign in again till after saturdays hunt, unless we have service at the condo in gulf shores, which is doubtful. ill check in again this coming up weekend hopefully with a bigger gobbler to brag about this time.

Quick Reply: Team 10 "Huntin Buddies"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.