Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 One more week....and minus an Osceola >

One more week....and minus an Osceola

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

One more week....and minus an Osceola

Old 03-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Default One more week....and minus an Osceola

Next week about this time I'm headed to Florida to hunt the Osceola. Just curious as to how many people are going to hunt in Florida this year? Since I'm active duty Air Force I'm going to hit up a couple of spots that are military only and hopes of an Osceola. I'm going for a slam and I've been waiting for this season to roll around. I love to deer hunt, but there something way more exciting when it comes to turkey hunting. After Florida, I'm headed to Georgia (my home state), Tennessee, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Ohio (where I'm stationed), and then Michigan. Hopefully this year will be the year. Good luck to all and have a safe and blessed season.

David
US Air Force
Old 03-08-2007, 08:36 PM

Default RE: One more week....and minus an Osceola

ORIGINAL: deeg1502

I love to deer hunt, but there something way more exciting when it comes to turkey hunting.
same here i LOVE deer hunting and the fall of the year but something about turkey hunting probably the calling and action but it is WAY more fun imo. good luck this season, ill only be hitting up alabama and kentucky.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 PM

I will be hunting turkey in St. Johns County during spring break. Will be doing some hog wrestling there too. I killed a bird there last year.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deeg1502

Next week about this time I'm headed to Florida to hunt the Osceola. Just curious as to how many people are going to hunt in Florida this year? Since I'm active duty Air Force I'm going to hit up a couple of spots that are military only and hopes of an Osceola. I'm going for a slam and I've been waiting for this season to roll around. I love to deer hunt, but there something way more exciting when it comes to turkey hunting. After Florida, I'm headed to Georgia (my home state), Tennessee, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Ohio (where I'm stationed), and then Michigan. Hopefully this year will be the year. Good luck to all and have a safe and blessed season.

David
US Air Force

Just curious how you can be in the military and be a pro stafferalso???

Is just one of those who you know deals???
Old 03-09-2007, 06:44 AM

I'm headed to Florida a week from today for an Osceola as well. Then to Kansas for Easterns, Oklahoma for Rios, back home to Missouri for Easterns again and then to Nebraska for Merriams. Hopefully I'll have time to hit Iowa or Illinois as well. I can't believe it's finally here!
WM
Old 03-09-2007, 07:22 AM

Mr. Longbeard,

There are many people in the military that are either sponsored, or are on some type of professional team. A guy I work with is a professional racquetball player and gets all kinds of stuff from Ektelon. I've been prostaff for right at 4 years now. It's fun and really makes time fly. Now that turkey season is in...its certainly time to do what I love. Good luck and have a blessed season.

David Ellis
Old 03-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

seein' i live here, i'll hunt here, lol....i went out this morning and had 6 different good(mature) gobbling birds in the area i hunt....i was starting to worry that they weren't there because i hadn't heard any gobbles from there yet, but i sure did this morning, even saw one of em, he has a rope on him that just makes you weak, only about 9 inches, but it's thick.....i'll be doing most of my hunting in orange county, then some hunting in osecola county.....i can't wait....good luck y'all.......
Old 03-09-2007, 04:18 PM

if my friend kills one on our trip he will have the grand slam.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=o0osemperfio0o

the pic of the bird from last year is in the my album section.

9 1/2 inch beard 1 1/4 spurs