Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 colorado springs area hunter >

colorado springs area hunter

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

colorado springs area hunter

Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 PM

Default colorado springs area hunter

Is there any good publicareas to turkey hunt around the colorado springs area? I haven't been hunting for 5 years, as I am in the Army and I am trying to jump back into it. I am stationed here in Colorado
Old 03-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: colorado springs area hunter

If you are at Fort Carson, you work in the middle of it. The hunting on post is very good. And Rampart Range Road has birds also.
Gselkhunter
Old 03-04-2007, 07:21 AM

I was stationed at Ft Carson in the early 80's. I've wondered about Turkey hunt'n there, I'd love to chase Gobblers out there. I once chased a coyote with an M113 personel carrier, that was pretty cool[/align]
Old 03-04-2007, 09:39 AM

Its a pain in teh ass to hunt on fort carson. How far up into rampart range are they. I grew up in Nebraska and it's not as high elevation, so I need tipsd on finding the birds and hunting them if you could help me.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

Hunting FC isn't so bad, I have been doing it since 92. And I will again this year too. Even though I haven't killed any huge birds down there, there are Rios and Merriams on FC.
But on to Rampart, there are birds from Colo. Spgs. to Denver. They are on the move all the time. I find birds around the Reservoir, Fairish, above the Academy, up by Monument, and up at the north end of the road near Denver. But I find as many hunters as birds. So the pressure is pretty heavy. And the birds are shy. And I see mostly hens and jakes up there. The bobcat and cougar pressure is real up there too, so pay attention up there. The neet thing about hunting rampart is you will see sheep, elk and deer up there hunting.
Gselkhunter
Old 03-06-2007, 05:33 AM

I Mule Deer hunted at Alamosa back in 82' I' bet there's a flock'n bunch of Turkeys there, But it's some treacherous country.[/align]
Old 03-10-2007, 09:46 AM

the problem with fc is tha during the opening weeks of turkey season, teh triaing areas available for hunting are booked up by 4th id for gunnery
Old 03-10-2007, 09:47 AM

whats the best way to get to the portion by the academy?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:43 PM

That's Air Force and it's hard tell'n the chanels you have to go through. I'm sure the hoops are set high.[/align]Ft Carson, at least when I was there had a State Wild life Department field post on base. Allthough there was plenty of wild life in the Cavelry unit that I was in it had nothin to do with hunt'n or fish'n...[/align]
Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 PM

Co. Springs area gets lots of presure check out fremont county lots of turkeys less presure, and not close to the springs but all countys bordering New Mexico west ofI 25 are very good.

Quick Reply: colorado springs area hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.