Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey paintings

Old 02-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turkey paintings

I was at DIKK's sporting goods a couple weeks ago and they had a awsome looking turkey painting on display... Very detailed with roosted birds and gobblers strutting with hens on the ground with dogwoods and Red buds blooming in the background...When I seen the painting the first thing I thought was man that reminds me of the woods I hunt, the second thing I thought was man I know I cant afford that... Then I noticed that it wasn't for sale but was on display for a silent auction... I figured it would prob go for a few hundred bucks so I figured I'd try my luck and drop a silent bid for 175.00... Well last sun I got the call from Ducks Unlimited telling me I was the lucky winner of the painting... The painting is pretty huge. frame is 30"x 36" and the painting is 24"x 28"... It's called "The Flydown" by J W Thrasher

I'm thinking I got a awsome deal... What do you guys think???
Old 02-22-2007, 12:43 PM

Default RE: Turkey paintings

how bout a photo of it, sounds cool[/align]
Old 02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Getting on the internet isabout the extent of my computer knowledgeI could prob take a digital picture and e-mail it to someone and have it posted that way...
Old 02-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did a search on JW Thrasher and found some of his paintings and was surprised to see them going for thousands of dollars... I'm sure the one I got is prob not an original but some kind of print of the original... But the frame on mine sure loooks the same as the ones they are selling for big bucks...
Old 02-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a collection of 7 framed prints myself, of both Whitetails and gobblers. My favorite wildlife artist is Hayden Lambson, he just makes the paintings look alive. Here's a link.

http://www.lambson-art.com/hayden/bio.html
Old 02-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea Paul your right about that!!!I'm glad you posted that site... Now I know I got a great deal!!! those picture framed and matted go for 250.00-300.00 bucks... The one I got looks as good and is a little bigger
Old 02-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to see it go to www.jwthrasher.com/

Old 02-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes Mr. Longbeard .. you got a very good deal , most signed and numbered pints sell for $179.00 unframed.
What you have would have sold for $250.00 to $300. , would like to see the pictures.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool pic Ken!! I bought most of mine from Dick's sporting goods myself. Framed, matted and signed for only $99.99, and Cabela's carries Lambson's prints as well. I prefer the way that they do the matting and framing VS from Lambson's actual site, and they are cheaper too!![/b]
Old 02-22-2007, 01:58 PM

Pretty sweet[/align][/align] [/align]

Quick Reply: Turkey paintings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.