Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

B-Mobile

Old 02-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default B-Mobile

My g/f just bought me the Primos Truth 18 video for my b'day and I can't get enough of it. The video is based on the use of a full strut gobbler decoy to bring in henned up toms usually in fields. They used an actual full body mount for a while until they created a collapsible gobbler decoy named B-Mobilewith a detachable silk fan...(or you can use a fan of your own for added realism). Field turkeys are always the hardest tobring in and I'm thinkin about trying one of these. Afterwatching all the henned up toms come running towards the decoy in the video, I'm dying to try it. I'd rather not use decoys, but the full strut decoy looks effective for field turkeys. Anybody ever used a full strut decoy with any luck???
Old 02-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: B-Mobile

No but I have killed a few feild turkeys without one

I think you'll get the ole "it depends" answer again. It's going to work sometimes.

One thing to note is how many kills they get to put that video together. I had the opportunity to talk with a pro film crew on a hunt a couple seasons ago. Asked how the new vid was coming and they said "pretty good. we have almost 70 kills for ther season between all the pro staff and film crews travelling around".

They get back to the editing room and pick 20-30 out of many more. They're trying to sell a new decoy and it looks cool so what hunts will they put on? Nothing wrong with it all. It's about entertainment and marketing but a DVD might not really be representative of a products actual effectiveness.

I've probably heard the story of gobblers turning and hightailing the other way with these decoys more. Again, that might be fine for you if you get that one time a season where a mature bird comes running in for a fight. Clearly that can and does happen sometimes.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

I went out and purchased the B-mobile. I can't wait till season as i'm excited to try it. A buddy of mine has the Carry-Lite brand of full strut tom and hen. He had toms literally attack thefull strut tom, but the previous post states that many turkeys have been killedwithout a full strut decoy. I'm newer toturkey hunting and will take any advantage to get a couple turkeys because of thethrill of the sport, meat and being out in mother nature.

I can see some advantages and disadvantages with the b-mobile.You canmake it a jake or a mature tom. Put a rubber band around the beard to shorten it like a jake andput the tail feathers like would be on a jake. This might encourage turkeys to come in that maybe aren'tthe mature and dominanttom inan area. On the other hand,make the bird a mature tomand you could possibly encouragethe dominant bird in an area to come in close. I just can't wait to try it out. An as stated before, many birds have been harvested without the b-mobile.

On the topic of the TRUTHvideos, they have the duds that didnt' make the video on the Primos website. I really didn't see much evidence thatb-mobile made a huge difference. I still need to watch the TRUTH videos and hunts that made the video in order to comparethem. It would be greatto hunt as much as those guys on the videos!

I'll post and let ya'll know what results I get with myb-mobile when May comes around. Until then i'm going tosalivate forseason. Goodhunting!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I work in a sporting goods store and have taken a close look at B-mobile after watching the truth video. I think the decoy looks pretty good. I opted for the Carrylite Pretty Boy just for the realism, butB-mobile has a few nice features. The fan holder is nice, so the fan can be folded up, and the decoy doesn't have to be at "full" strut like the Pretty Boy. I cant wait to get out this spring and try Pretty Boy!! Good luck with B-mobile!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

I believe it's another great hunting advantage we have to use now, BUT REMEMBER A FEW THINGS! 1. You are not going to be hunting the private land that they hunt. 2. You are going to be siiting within 50 yards of a gobbler decoy most likely on public lands. BE CAREFUL! Heard of someone shooting at one from the road last year with a rifle.....
Old 02-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm lucky to huntprivate land so safety isn't such a concern. Andif I was tobuy a full strut decoy I wouldn't use it every singletime I hunt, I'd still hunt ridges and hardwoods 75% of the time with no decoys.I'd probablytry the b-mobiletwo or three times in the fields to maybe getan oldhenned up gobbler fired up. I've killed a few field turkeys, but I'd love to see one come running and attack a decoy just for the excitement. But like one person said,all the DVDsare for entertainment and I wouldn't expect the same results the first time I used a full strut decoy. I was just thinking about trying one for the heck of it and maybe add a little more excitement to it. Good feedback though fellas, I appreciate it. Good luck this season.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

a cagey old toms only going to do what he wants to do, and your not going to change that with a decoy. i have seen birds come 85% of the way in only to haul it outa there when theyhad spottedmy decoy. patience and woodsmanship win out over decoys in my book every time. now if the decoy is placed where he wants to be when he wants to be there then you got something... thats up to him though, not you. thats why we all love this sport you never know how its going to go. whats more important than a decoy ( your on private land ) is the pattern the birds follow, get to know it like your own scedule. put your self in his path and make it happen. thats got more birds for me than any decoy ever has.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:21 AM

I agree withe Ontelk on this one. I'v eused hen and jake decoys at different times but, there are times when they don't work. I really enjoy the hunts with Primos and Mossy Oak but, I have to realize they are hunting prime property most of the times. Unfortunately the new or occasional turkey hunter sometimes doesn't know this. Luckily I've never been in a situation where other hunters have tried to "call me up". I like to use decoys though. I've seen this bmobile on tv and it looks good. there are time when a decoy really brings that big boy in. In Kansas I use a jake decoy with hens and for some reason the big boys don't like the competition. Some of them looked like I had a rope around their necks. Have a good hunt, it's not long now.....Gobl4Me...