Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 how do I get my girlfriend to shoot a bird >

how do I get my girlfriend to shoot a bird

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

how do I get my girlfriend to shoot a bird

Old 01-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how do I get my girlfriend to shoot a bird

As long as she can get past the killing part, it's gravy. Take her scouting and let her see the birds first hand. Maybe have her go with you on one of your hunts...just to watch. Although make sure she knows how to sit still
Old 01-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Why do you want her to go so bad? I know what works for me doesn't work for everyone, but I've found that having separate hobbies is just fine for my wife and I. We do lots of things together, but she doesn't want to turkey hunt any more than I want to sit through another opera or stage play, and that's fine with me. I know... I was shocked myself when I realized some folks actually don't like turkey hunting, but to each his (or her) own.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Kingofspring you and me think exactly alike!
My wife likes to be alone while she does her gardening and I'm the same during Deer and Turkey seasons.
We both support each other's hobby.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You may havento face facts, she might not be convinced to go!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:50 AM

My girlfriend really wants to kill another turkey. I say another turkey because the first one she killed went through her windshield and scared her half to death. Now she has a personal vendetta against our big tasty friends. My problem is getting her to shoot a 20 gauge because she is afraid of the kick! (but my problem isn't half as bad as my uncles... his son is afraid to shoot guns because of the kick... I had to put his hand behind the butt of my old .22 and fire it just to get him to shoot that!)
Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 AM

keep it seperate.... my hobbies.. your hobbies.... unless she wants to do it herself leave it be... no need adding stress to a relationship.... if she is interested she will start herself.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a picture of your ex girlfriend (or whoever she dislikes at the moment)and stake it in the ground between you and the decoys. You do the calling and tell her when to re-arrange the face.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Alll the guys who say keep it seperate are missing out. My wife and I have hunted fished together for 15 years.She has killed more deer and elk than most of the guys I hunt with.She bow hunts,rifle and bird hunts.She even takes her vacation around hunting and fishing.If all went bad and we where not together any more I would find a lady that did all agin.

We took a 3 week fishing honymoon to FL keys. Now how can you get better than that.It was and I am sure will be one of my very best fishing trips ever.

There is some things she and I do not like to hunt together.She dose not like to bear hunt[call them in with a hand call] She allso dose not like to hunt in big groups.[ lot guys complain about a lady going and I like to fight]

To get her started I just took her along and let her injoy the outdoors.In two or 3 trips she asked me to help her get a bow.

The boom is normly more than the kick.Let her try shooting the gun from in a barn door out.This is one thing I have seen done to help young and new people get started shooting.

Charles Bradford
Old 01-31-2007, 10:40 AM

That is a good idea about the barn door technique... I never though of that! She mostly got scared watching me shoot a 300 win mag. I will try that barn door trick this spring and see what happens.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:31 AM

I took my girlfriend one time and now she's hooked. The problem is she likes it so much I can't get away and hunt by myself. Every out of state trip I plan, I get a "I want to go." Ends up costing me more money and more time. I don't mind it sometimes, but it begins to wear on you. I enjoy watching her pull the trigger, but you talk about work. If you ever want to test you patience, take your girlfriend hunting.

Quick Reply: how do I get my girlfriend to shoot a bird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.