Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Whats so great about the Double Bull??? >

Whats so great about the Double Bull???

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Whats so great about the Double Bull???

Old 01-13-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Whats so great about the Double Bull???

I guess I dont get it....Why is the Double Bull so much better than other blinds? I can get one same size and different camo, shoot through mesh and pay $50 not $350

What makes these things so great???

Thanks
Pines
Old 01-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whats so great about the Double Bull???

You gotta be kidding me .... one word can sum that up QUALIITY .
Double Bull blinds are the best on the market hands down , the fabric they use and the way they are built can't be matched by any other manufacture.
North American Hunting Club and The National Wild Turkey Federation recomend them highly not to mention that it was voted No # 1 in the BowHunting World Readers Choice Awards.
You can take this blind any where in the U. S. and set it up in seconds , with it's camo pattern it blends in with everything.
Check out there web site at ( www.doublebullarchery.com ) and look at there videos , it's well worth looking into.
If your thinking about buying one , talk to gregholland a member here in this site he'll tell everything you need to know and he'll even sell you one.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

first I'll say I wouldn't pay full price. I think you do pay a premium for brand and marketing. I got my double bull second hand from a guy upgrading to the latest double bull (shows how much they are liked by those that use them.I moved up from a $50 blind like yours so I know the difference.

Quality is no contest. The double bull has thick heavy duty material that ain't ripping from a branch or even a broadhead that might graze the side. It is going to last 10 times longer due to this durability. It is also a "softer" feel to material and is much quieter than the cheaper plastic feeling or nylon style blinds. It also is way sturdier. I recently deer hunted with it and my spot left us wide open. I found a huge cedar limb that I laid across the top and we immedaitley became part of the small cedar tree we were beside. My old blind would have buckled under the weight of this limb.

Functionaly it is designed with more of the subtle things in mind. The silent window system is huge. I had a few times a deer or turkey was came the wrong way on me. A zipper or worse, velcro, window won't let you adapt. You sit there listening to something but know if you start messing around with loud windows your done. My double bull I silently close my open window and slip down the other side.

It was also a little roomier but I know some of the cheap ones are trying to compete on this level. You are gettting a far superior product no doubt.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say hek with them expensive blinds. The cheap eclipse is the same thing. nice and thick material. windows all the way around. You'd hafta get me drunk or something to make me buy a double bull blind. You can do the same exact stuff with the cheap blinds to so sorry if i offend anyone but i'll stick with the eclipse.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Double Bull. It is a good high quality product. I wanted a second blind so I bought the larger Escape blind. I know the Double Bull is a better built blind. But it definitely is not three times better. And the price is three times more. The Escape sets up just as fast and easy. But the material is not as good. I will be buying a third blind next year. And it will be another Escape. The DB is just too expensive for the little extra you get. My DB and my Escape have been set up all season. We took them down last week. Both held up the same. I actually like the zipper on the Escape better. The DB zipper is too small. Tom.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

As the others have mentioned, NO other blinds in the industry even come close to the top of the line quality of the Double Bulls. I have both the Matrix and the T5 and they are both awwesome products! I would like to add their new Wild Thing pack this year!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Spike

Pines,

Buy the DoubleBull, don't waste your money on something else. Fast open and close, silent material, black interior, plenty of room for drawing a bow, silent windows, it's all good. Try one if you can, you'll never go back to anything else.

Granitesun
Old 01-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see it both ways. I agree the Double Bull makes the best blind on the market....they're also the most expensive. Sometimes it is hard to justify spending all that money.

If you do a lot of blind hunting, I would definitly invest in a Double Bull. If your like me and hunt out of a blind at most, 3-4 days a year, then I would look at something less in price. Like an Ameristep. I don't like turkey hunting out of a blind, unless I'm using my bow, so I won't spend the money. I would rather invest in a couple real nice tree stands instead. But I do agree they are the best of the market.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Zubba hit on the head. Take the amount of use as your deciding factor.
Where you from in Iowa Zubba?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use my Double Bull T5 alot during the deer season when the weather is windy or raining and I use all through out the turkey season.

Quick Reply: Whats so great about the Double Bull???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.