Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Decoys

Old 01-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Decoys

Hi everybody

I was wondering what kind of decoys you all like , with so many brands on the market .
Which one do you think looks more realistic and life like to you.
I have a LifeLite Bobble Head feeding hen and a set of FeatherFlex decoys.
Has anyone used theBuckWing Bobb'n Head Breeding Pair and finally what do you think about those inflatable's.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Decoys

I was thinking of getting some new blow-ups....then I got a mounted hen.....
If you can swing it at all get a mounted hen, its unreal. I had one done at a local taxidermy friend, he did it for a lot less than Hazel Creek!

Old 01-08-2007, 05:09 PM

ive heard too many great things about pretty boy decoys to resist. im picking up a pair before this spring and ill tell ya just how much i like em after may.i have a prohunter hen i really like right now. mounted is obviously the most realistic, but most expensive and dont last but a few seasons because wear and tear and abuse from the toms! lol
Old 01-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ran the gamut over the years in decoys!! Just about tried every make except the sillhouette variety. Delta, Feather-Flex, Carry-Lite, and Buckwing all have some good decoys, but some do stand head and shoulders over the rest. Feather-Flex doesn't have too much detail, but they are very light in weight. Delta is an awesome looking brand with very nice detail, my current brand of choice. Buckwing is way too shiney for my tastes, and that dang Bobble head and stake can be a real pain. Carry-Lite use to be my "go-to" brand, but they have come out with very dark colored decoys of late, and I'd have to pass on those.
One neat looking brand I recently seen on the net is by a company called "hardcoredecoys". These have to be the best looking decoys I have ever seen!!Click the link below to check out this new brand!! I may just have to up-grade to these this comming season!!

http://www.hardcoredecoys.com/decoys/turkeys.php
Old 01-08-2007, 07:14 PM

inflatables are crap as far as detail goes IMO. id stick with a collapsable, or hard plastic detailed decoy, or if possible get a mounted hen as said above.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey maytom those hardcore decoys look really cool , you would know how they are would you ?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Hey maytom those hardcore decoys look really cool , you would know how they are would you ?

RD, I think I'll be getting some of those hardcore deeks before this comming spring season. I'll let you know how they do during the actual turkey season. I do have to admit, they do look mighty awesome!!
Another thing to mention is a decoy bag. Midwest sells them by a company called AW. Be sure to get the Super magnum bag, it will hold three of the larger decoys very nicely.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:47 AM

I started to use mounted birds last spring. I used a strutting jake with awesome results. Check out the pic below. That osceola ripped his tail off. I will have a mounted hen for this spring. The downside is hauling everything. If you hunt in the midwest its pretty easy. If you hunt the mountains in the northeastgoodluck. When I mountain hunt I leave them at home.I did use the blowup ones also. i had success with them but they just look to slick to me.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HollyHoyt

I started to use mounted birds last spring. I used a strutting jake with awesome results. Check out the pic below. That osceola ripped his tail off. I will have a mounted hen for this spring. The downside is hauling everything. If you hunt in the midwest its pretty easy. If you hunt the mountains in the northeastgoodluck. When I mountain hunt I leave them at home.I did use the blowup ones also. i had success with them but they just look to slick to me.

Sorry Holly i thought you were logged out!!!!!!! I hate when my wife doesnt log out!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Delta decoys and them seem to work pretty well. I have several gobblers run right up to them from a hundred to two hundred yards away when I set them up on the edge of a wheat field right up next to a tree line.

Quick Reply: Decoys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.