Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Looking for a new turkey vest >

Looking for a new turkey vest

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Looking for a new turkey vest

Old 12-21-2006, 02:26 PM

Default Looking for a new turkey vest

What do you guys use? Looking for some opinions on different turkey vests that you guys would recommend.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:42 PM

Default RE: Looking for a new turkey vest

im not of much help, because i waswondering the same question
Old 12-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Mo whats you know
With so many brands and styles on the market now , it should be easy to find one that you would be happy with.
I bought one form Cabela's about eight years ago and I'm sure that they made some improvements since then.
I suggest you get one with so many pockets inside and out that you won't know what to do with them really you need alot of pockets for your box calls , your slate/ frection calls , the stikers to go with them , your mouth calls , your decoysand everything else that a turkey hunter takes with him.
I know that each one no matter which one you buy has a game bag in the back pouch with a hunter orange flag to put on for safty and most of have a folding foam padded seat attached to the back.
Just look around , shop and compair you'll find something that will fit your needs and be happywith.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:11 AM

So I guess your saying any vest from a reputable company will be well made and fit my needs. As long as it has lots of pockets.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes
Thats right
Old 12-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still very partial to the Mossy Oak Elite turkey vest. They have come out with new versions of this vest over the years and I believe that they now call it the Elite II or III? Either way, it comes with 20 pockets!!!
Now that is a plus for serious turkeys hunters who end up carrying many calls with them into the woods. I also like the fact that the drop down seat uses quick release buckles instead of snaps!! This vest has served me well for the last two spring seasons now, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Check in Cabela's, Midwest, or Wing supply, they all carry it.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Typical Buck

Hey man!
I have used the Highback Turkey Lounger and will use nothing else! It is by far the best IMO. You dont need a tree to set up and it has many many many pockets and a great game pouch, it have very nice call specific pouches as well! Check it out and you wont be sorry!

Good Luck!
Willie
Old 12-23-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to back up Maytom on this one. After 3 other vests, I bit the bullet on a Mossey Oak Elite. I have found my vest. Comfortable. Has room (and pockets) for all my stuff. In fact I don't think I've found all the pockets yet. Enough room in the game pouch for rain gear and 2 decoys. Those springsteel pockets make getting to my stuff easy, yet nothing will fall out. A very good design.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out Ol'Tom turkey vests. They are top of the line and the pockets seem to be in all the right places. I have their pants and shirt and will be buying the vest this year.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a mossyoak elite... I have one for sale $50.00. It has the zip off sleeves.

Quick Reply: Looking for a new turkey vest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.