Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Shotguns

Old 12-01-2006, 11:45 AM

Default RE: Turkey Shotguns

When it comes to shotguns I'm a huge fan of Benelli, they work. If your looking for a pump I've seen the Nova with a 24" barrel for under $300 in a few different stores. If you have the extra cash and you want an auto the Benelli M2 is a work horse.

Right now my Turkey/duck/goose/deer (lower Michigan is slugs only) gun is the Nova with the 24", 28", and Slug Barrels but I'm about to hand that one down to my girl friend and move up to the M2 Field ComforTech with the same barrels. I got to use one of them this year and I fell in love with it.

I'm using the Kicks choke tube with the Nova and its worked out great so far, I might try the Benelli crio turkey tube with the M2 but then again why mess with what works. The Nova can throw a 3 1/2 load but I find myself using the 3" ones. They also make a recoil reducer for the Nova seems to take a bit of the bite out of it, my girl friend shoots it with no problem but she is athletic.

I've had and still have a few other Benenlli's and I've never had any problems with them.

Lots of great guns out there, enjoy the one you get.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:33 PM

870 Super mag, full realtree camo, 26" vent ribbed, truglo sites and Truglo gobble stopper. I haven't shot 3.5" out of it but the 3" Wad control is pure evil to turkey.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a bit throwed off. I use a Pedersoli double barrel black powder sidelock 12ga. Man is it fun!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everybody's gonna have their own opinion and swear by different guns, but my Remington 870 sps-t super mag, 3 1/2 inch does the job every single time. You really don't need a 3 1/2 inch to bust em but I went all the way anyways to really put the hammer down on em.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm shooting an 870 Express. Think its one of the first ones they put out, got it in '86 or '87. It came with a smoothbore 20 inch barrel that I shoot clover leafs with at 50 yds (rifled slugs and a 28" vrb. I put a synthetic camo stock on it because I wanted an R3 recoil pad, and I found the stock marked down to $13 at Wally World. I'm using a ventilator choke currently, it patternspretty goodwith Winchestercopper plated#5.