Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Camo patter for shotgun

Old 09-17-2006, 07:46 PM

Default Camo patter for shotgun

Hello all I'm just wondering who has done the camo pattern themselves on their turkey gun. I have a black synthetic 12 gauge that I would like to cover. Pictures would be great but directions on how to do it would be awsome as well. Thanks.Also has anyone had one done by a airbrush pro?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Spike

Default RE: Camo patter for shotgun

My wife's cousin has a black shotgun that he painted with camo paint in no particular pattern it must work for him, he is pertty consitant at filling his bag limit of three birds each spring.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i haven't painted a shotgun myself but i have heard of many people using spray paint successfully. also they make kits that kind of shrink wrap onto the gun. i started to get one but don't really see a point in it. at least not in my case. my gun has a camo stock and a matte finish.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's nothing wrong with just using the black stock as it is. The best camo would be to be still...movement will get you busted, not the camo on your gun. I had a plain brown stock on my gun, and the only reason I put a camo stock on it was because I wanted to use a Simms recoil pad and needed a synthetic stock, and found it marked down from $80 to $13 at wally world.