Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Best memory of 2006

Old 06-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best memory of 2006

I take it you didn't harvest a spring gobbler this spring

Old 06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

no offense to fl.huntress and the hunt i took her on, but my fondest memory was the hunt i had with my buddy from Alabama......... this season was the best all around season i have had....I know i'll never have another one like it...but i can Pray...lol....
Old 06-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

im sad to report that i really dont have a "best memory" from this spring....i enjoyed myself no doubt..you only get so many sun rises in life..its nice to actually see and expirience them...and the spring outdoors period...but this year was plain frustrating hunting wise...guys sneaking in on me....a guy shooting a bird coming hot to me....birds not talking at all....just a bad season for me.....oh well.....live and learn....life goes on....and theres always next season....i just need to balance trout fishing and turkey scouting a little more next season....all my ole faithful spots were faithful but i seen guys in places ive never seen.....got find more ole faithgfuls and keep them secret and go unknown...
Old 06-14-2006, 08:26 AM

my best season ever but my best memory was taking my first merriams in the SD black hills. the following day, i was able to call in my friend's first merriams for him. he's the person that got me started in turkey hunting so it was pretty cool to pay him back.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

learning so much in a lil while like stand your ground and getting to watch 2 dominant gobblers strut and finding the turkeys at my house
Old 06-17-2006, 03:37 PM

This was my first year out and I have lots of memories. It started out going to the turkey course in early spring with a parking lot of 4x4's with my sisters boyfriend in her purple cavalier.[>:]

Next was watching and shooting that nice tom my first day of the hunt.

Most memorable was sleeping in the alfalfa feild the next morning with a hang over and having the boys sneak up on me and do a gobble call 2 feet from my ear.[:@]

[/align]
Old 06-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ultimag

getting out of work and revisiting all my famaliar turkey haunts a memory i would like to forget however is when i got that 700.00 fuel bill
LMAO!!!Ditto here Ulti...although its worth every penny!!!
Best moment was watching one of my clients sons harvest his first Longbeard!!I didn't know who was more excited the dad or the son!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Spike

I have two. The first one was the first day of Turkey season in VA and I sat behind a small pine tree next to alarge fieldcalling to two gobblers for well over an hour. They didn't come to me because they had hens w/ them but I thought it was pretty good since that was my first time doing serious.
The other one was when I shot at a jake while sitting in the middle of the same field a few weeks later. I knew I'd miss since it was about to leave the field and I only had a far off shot but it was still fun.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:47 PM

cant say this was my best memory....but it sure is the most memerable thing that happened for me...
This older gentleman i work with has been very kind and friendly to me since i've begun working for the university i work at....so i took him hunting...now, mind you, he has'nt ever hunted before...just the excitement alone would have been thrilling enough for me....but after a successful hunt and harvest of a jake...the look in his eyes and the comments he made of not ever feeling so close to nature and what god had made and how calming it was to see and hear the world wake up...hearing the sounds of early morning woodlots was amazing to him....he said he'd not forget the experience for as long as he lives...gotta admit, made me take a closer look at what i sometimes take for granted
Old 06-27-2006, 02:55 AM

HANDS DOWN THE BEST FOR ME WAS WHEN MY WIFE SHOT HER TURKEY. THE OLD 835 POUNDED THE TOM AT 42 YRDS.IT WAS THE FIRST TURKEY SHE HAS EVER TAKEN. MY DAD AND I WERE QUITE EXCITED TO SAY THE LEAST.

Quick Reply: Best memory of 2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.