Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Pictures from the field, Got any? >

Pictures from the field, Got any?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pictures from the field, Got any?

Old 05-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Pictures from the field, Got any?

Okay, we all enjoy pictures of each other behind their birds. I know I sure do. Let's see some of the other pictures of yourself and of others while hunting afield. Perhaps it's terrain, birds, deer etc....you can check out some of mine through my journals at this link,
http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal.aspx?id=58

But here's a couple of me in the field that are shown there.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pictures from the field, Got any?

nice pics!! i didnt take too many this spring...i was always too frustrated or mad to take the second it takes to snap a digi pic....just wasnt my season..if the birds were talkin someone was ruining my hunt or shootin my birds as i called them in...or they just would NOT gobble PERIOD...and i was frustrated and running around trying to find a bird that would talk....or i was running home to get back in bed out of frustration....just wasnt my season.....but i got a few pics ill post....

this is a shadow...i was walking up the trail and thought it made a neat pic....im not THAT fat lol....shadow makes me look HUGE..its the camo jacket...the vest...decoy in the back of the vest flaring out the sides..but it made a neat diffrent pic..i normally love to take pics of scenery etc...

these last 3 pics are the sunrises of the last day i hunted...monday of last week...FREEZING cold..the day of the bad frost..atleast it was here...birds never said a word...and havent in that spot the last couple hunts...and i had to work late the nite before....i headed home to finally sleep...the pics dont do the valley justice....its atleast 500 verticle feet.....you can kinda tell where it is though..neat fog..

heres a pic of the fog over the valley..

them 3 pics were taken from my honey hole...the one with the sun centered is where the turkeys roost....right in the trees on the edge of the valley right below the sun in that pic...they were taken on the top of a GIANT hill as you can kinda tell....the pics dont do the hay justice...its not farmed anymore..and the hay is well over waist high...another reason i was leaving....i couldnt feel my legs..and was having trouble moving them...the frost melted as it his my pants..SOAKING me on the walk in...and the cold temps...freezing water...bad news.....i was scared....i had to get home...hope you guys enjoy the pics...i liked the sunrises...
Old 05-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Where the turkeys roam

Old 05-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took this picture from my turkey blind, it was with a hen in a large puddle.

Old 05-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Those are some nice pics...
Old 05-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

mauser , thats a funny pic of the shadow ! LOL

My area has different terrian in all the areas. As some have seen background shots from bird kills I've had this season , I don't often take pic's of just the land.

here's a pic close to home

and here is a pic of 10-15 minutes away

Old 05-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

AJ-

Is that a nova you used to smoke that tom?

Reason I ask is the scope. I want to put a red dot on mine but I am unsure of the best mount.

Thanks and nice birdy!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Digi , yes it is a Bennelli Nova 20 ga.

If I remember correct , it was a Remington B-mount base that fits on the Nova. The material is thin on the reciever so make sure you use Lock tight on the screws. I have not had any problems with mine at all...BT
Old 06-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice pictures guys, keep them coming.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a bunch of nice ones guys, as soon as I can determine, where exactly, the wifey hid them on the puter...[:@]

Quick Reply: Pictures from the field, Got any?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.