HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   LIFE IN PRISON (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/141712-life-prison.html)

gobbleblaster 05-06-2006 06:56 AM

LIFE IN PRISON

The reason i named this post life in prison is because that is what i will get after i shoot the retarded turkey hunters by my house. Ive been turkey huntin behind my house for the last week, i get up at 4:30 in the morning every day and then go to school at 7:30, my brother goes with my dad so i am also alone. Now im gonna vent some steam, Ill start with Tues may 2 i get to my spot and set down, ive got a bird gobblin about 30 yards up to the right of me on a hill. When he flys down he shuts up but i work on him for about and hour, then all of a sudden he takes off and flys about 200 yards down to the other side of the field im setting in. I couldnt see him at the time so i called some more hoping he would come in but he didnt, so i got up cause i had to get to school, and i spot him. I call and he doesnt respond then he just turns an speedily walks into the woods. I decide to move , i get down in the woods about 80 yards from where i seen him go in and set up. I start callin and then i here sticks snapping and then i see a guy come sneekin up right where the turkey was standing before he went in the field and i put two and two together and realized this moron spooked the turkyey and just ruined my chances of gettin the tom. I knew he heard me call but all he cared about was the gobblin of that longbeard.
Next was today Sat may 6 i walked back to my spot were i have sat the last week and just when im about to set down i hear someone and then see a flashlight about 20yds from me, ok someone got here first so i left immediatly and walked up the hill to and opening in the middle of a christmas tree field a couple hundred yards from the hunter i encountered. The place i was hunting wasnt that big but i was far enough away from him to not mess him up if he had a turkey comin. then i set out my decoys and sat down and all of a sudden gobble gobble gobble and i got ready cause it was close. I called and he flew down not 40yds behind me in the christmas trees, i kept calling and he was comin then all of a sudden he takes off and heads to the other side of the field. then i hear yelp yelp yelp and i knew right there that the guy down the hill spooked the bird. He must have walked right up on the bird because his calls didnt sound 30 or 40 yds from me. I know i didnt "steal the bird from him" because were he was setting when i came in on him he was not trying to get the bird up the hill where i went because the bird never gobbled until i got to opening in the trees, and the bird was about 400 yds and to his back so he wouldnt have been trying to call it in. He heard the bird and moved in on it even though he seen me go in that direction,he knew i was there because i crow called after the bird left to see if i could get it to gobble and to let the guy know i was there. Then he left and i began calling again hoping the bird might come back, then about a half and hour later i heard the guy crow call and then start to yelp right below me, the dirty son of b##ch circled around and got between me and the bird thats when i got up and left snapping and cracking every thing in sight on my way out. Some people just dont have any decency toward other hunters,people around my hunting area just dont care they would move in on a turkey if it was on the whitehouse lawn. I hope it isnt this way everywhere because if it is i have been misslead about the fellowship of other hunters and that we all are united hunters standing to protect or rights. If you dont care please keep your remarks and name calling to yourself because that proves that some of our fellow hunters are in it for themselves. This post was meant to blow off some steam if you have a similar story feel free to post it here i will listen

jrbsr 05-06-2006 08:14 AM

RE: LIFE IN PRISON

The reason i named this post life in prison is because that is what i will get after i shoot the retarded turkey hunters by my house. Ive been turkey huntin behind my house for the last week, i get up at 4:30 in the morning every day and then go to school at 7:30, my brother goes with my dad so i am also alone.
Is this on privite property ?
If it is he is trespassing.
And shouldn't be there in the first place.

If it is a tresspasser then call the local law.
Or are you going on some ones property thats not yours.

Or is this public land ?

I wet last thursday and set up where I bumped and seen a tom.
And some one was goinging around me calling on a owl hooter.
Then yesterday I go to another spot
On public hunting land where I know turkeys are at
Only to find that loggers are cutting on privite land across
The public land and driving the log turcks across the
Public land 75 to 100 yards from where the turkeys are.
So you know what it did to the turkeys
They split to China or some where else.

This whole turkey season I have been behind the 8/Ball
Some one or some thing has messed it up for me
I am getting close but close only counts for
Horse shoes and hand granaides

By the way what state are you in ?

Good Luck
I hope you can get a good one.

nubo 05-06-2006 08:24 AM

I just posted a similar situation on Mauser's thread ,so I really don't want to go through all of it again ,it would be easier for you to read my post there .But I totally understand what your saying .My opinion is that you had a good thing going ,and the other hunter knew it ,maybe he can't call to save his own life and figured ,that just maybe he could benefit from your call's .Obviously he didn't care ,or he would have done the same as you did and try to get out of your way and put some distance between you's . So I think he's just ignorant of the fact that you's need to work together in order to be successful ,but because he couldn't do it alone ,he just ruined your hunt as well as his own .He needed to either stay put or go the other direction .Ignorance is what this story is about .[on his behalf ]

nubo

old longbeards 05-06-2006 08:27 AM

yep....i've had other hunters come between me and the gobblin tom...letting me call the turkey straight thru them....sure would be nice of them to let me get a look at that bird...lol...

Arrowmaster 05-06-2006 09:46 AM

Yes this is an aggravating situtation.

gobbleblaster 05-07-2006 09:50 AM

I was on my neihbors property which i have permission to hunt on but the other two guys i dont know if they had permission, probably not because people just like to go where to gobble is. But even if they did have permission it didnt give them the right to do what they did. If me and my dad are huntin and we hear a gobble but see someones car parked there we just go somewhere else so we dont intrude on them. Since thats the only place i can go for right now mabey they will get sick of me gettin on the birds before they do and leave me alone:D!!!

Strut&Rut 05-07-2006 10:38 AM

You really need to talk to your neighbor...

If he has given permission to other people, they have no idea your hunting the property, because you don't park your car at the house. Hence, they may think your a trespasser, especially if they have permission.

If this property isn't over 50 acres, preferrably over 100, I would just leave if I knew someone else was working there first. I'm not sure what your hunter density is per mile/property, but personally I've had 40 acre lots with 10 gobbling toms, and also have hunted 250 acre farms with only 1 dominant gobbler. Therefore, you can't fault a guy that was hunting a piece and "moved in" on your bird, if that was the only bird gobbling...

Don't always assume that it was the other guy that ruined your hunt...maybe you ruined his...;)