HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Wifes first turkey in Ohio!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/141381-wifes-first-turkey-ohio.html)

bigtop 05-02-2006 01:36 PM

Wifes first turkey in Ohio!!

:DWell after trying so hard for the last 3 seasons, todayfinally paid off for my wife! She has tried so hard for the last fewyears but has came up empty. We havemany great stories to share from these hunts which sometimes is better than the hunt itself. Anyhow, here is this years story:After hunting hardfor aweek in Meigs county at a very good friends land, we decided to stay home and take a break.I went out to our land to do some work and just for the heck of it Ihit my call once.Would you belive a turkey gobbled and was coming to me fast?!!I called my wife, who was still at home, and told her to get her hunting stuff on and ready andI on my way to pick her up.We made the 24mile trip (12 each way)and got back in record time and headed into thethe woods got setup and started calling!After about 10 mins he gobbled and started coming back. He gobbled all the way staight to her which anybody knows if a great feeling. She shot her first turkey at 15 yards with my shotgun! She is now conviced her gun is jinxed and says she needs a new gun. Well it is at the taxidermist know and of course it is bigger than the one I got this year. Never have I seen someone so excited!!!!

21 1/2 pounds
1" spurs
10" beard

artie97 05-02-2006 01:42 PM

RE: Wifes first turkey in Ohio!!

Nice bird and congrats to you and your wife

squirrelkilla23 05-02-2006 02:15 PM

that thing needs to be at the taxidermist!

9th tine 05-02-2006 03:23 PM

Congrat's to Her on a Awsome Bird.
As far as getting a new Gun,Well I gusse us guy's make excusses to get a new gun why not the wife.:D

bigtop 05-02-2006 04:29 PM

Bob: This is "the wife" writing now ... Thanks for the note. Ya know, I told my husband today's hunt cost him a new Benelli Super Black Eagle - and my Browning Gold Hunter is offically retired - or his. My husband is teasing me now that next year I must use his New England 10g. Regardless, today was one of my best days EVER! I had goose bumps the entire time the bird was coming to me .... I thought that I would never be able to even shoot straight!

Kathie - BigTop's wife!

voodoochild 05-02-2006 04:41 PM

Great job and great bird,where abouts did you get him,i killed mine sunday in Stark County.......

huntnma 05-02-2006 05:31 PM

FANTASTIC;)

pa_yote_hunter 05-02-2006 05:44 PM

awesome job!!!

bigtop 05-02-2006 06:45 PM

logan ohio, hocking county

DawnPatrol 05-02-2006 06:58 PM

Congrats! Thanks for sharing